‹ Prequel: It's Not Over
Sequel: Here Comes Goodbye

My Immortal

Chapter 027

“I’m glad she has finally decided to call someone to be here for her,” the man entered the house. “Hello Marie, James.” He said in a fluent proper English.

“Who are you?” Roxy asked.

“I’m Dr. Marks,” he said looking everyone over.

“Um...ok,” Steph said looking at him, feeling everyone’s presence behind her.

“She’s not home right now,” Marie spoke up.

“Marie why is he here?” Roxy turned to the housekeeper.

“Why don’t you ask him?” Matt said, still sizing him up.

“Doctor patient confidentiality,” Roxy said not taking her eyes off Marie.

“There’s a problem,” Marie started to fidget.

“Okay, elaborate,” Steph spoke up.

“Come let’s all go to the family room,” The doctor said, everyone jumped at the sound of his voice.

They all filed out of the foyer and went into the family room, James was in Brian’s arms almost asleep. He sat down with Sam next to him, everyone took their seats. Roxy was going over in her mind, thinking of all the things that could be wrong.

“I don’t know much about the past,” Marie said fidgeting. “But she told me that she’s sick, take care of James and not tell anyone.”

“What does she have?” Roxy turned to Dr.Marks.

“Cyrosis of the liver,” he said studying her face. Roxy fell back on the couch pillows.

“What?” Steph’s voice rose and it made James jump.

“How far along?” Roxy whispered.

“Late stages, she’s prepped for a liver transplant as soon as one is available.”

“What does that mean?” Jimmy asked.

“Considering her family history, it’s not a big shock, she knew it could be possible. Her recovery period will take a long time, she’s ready for it. More prepared then expected for someone so young.”

“Wait she’s dying?” Matt asked.

“It’s possible,” Roxy said. Thinking about Jo asking her what the possibilities were of her getting the disease.

“But we just got her back,” Johnny said looking down.

“How far on the list is she?” Steph asked thinking back to Jo’s mom.

“She keeps putting herself lower, somehow she gives her liver to other people, makes herself unavailable,” Dr. Marks pulled out her chart and handed it to Roxy.

“Heptovir, Furosemide, Percasets......” she read off the list of pills.

“She’s taking a small pharmacy there,” Matt whistled.

“This is history repeating it’s self,” Steph said leaning into Johnny’s arm.

“I’m going to put James to bed,” Brian said, Sam stood up with him and followed him out the door.

They didn’t say anything for a while, Roxy kept reading through the chart, looking at the history. “I can take over from now on,” Roxy said.

“Alright, I’m glad to finally meet, Dr. Aros, I’ve heard many wonderful things about you in the medical community,” Dr. Marks said.

“How do you know me? I have not introduced myself.” Roxy said walking him out.

“Your picture next to the medical journals,” he said his goodbyes and went to his car.

Matt came up behind her, “How bad is it?”

“I won’t know till I see her,” Roxy said.

“Let’s hope she comes home soon,” Matt hugged her and she leaned on him knowing that she will need his strength. It was going to be a hard road again, and everyone would be here for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated lately.
Been taking care of my mom.
Which really was the inspiration to Jo's disease.
Enjoy!