‹ Prequel: It's Not Over
Sequel: Here Comes Goodbye

My Immortal

Chapter 29

Roxy and Matt came back into the room. Everyone was shell shocked about the news, no one knew what to say. Brian and Sam came into the room, and sat back in their spots. “How bad is it?” Johnny asked as Steph squeezed his hand.

“It’s serious enough for her to lie, and you know she doesn’t lie, about anything.” Steph took a deep breath. She couldn’t get out of her head the things that had happened years ago. How much pain her mom had been in.

The door opened and Jo walked in with Zacky, “Why do you guys look like someone died?” she asked smiling, but it didn’t reach her eyes so they knew it was fake, it was there because she was trying not to think about anything important at the moment, not think about the future or what could happen.

“Jo,” Steph’s voice had a warning in it. Which made the hair on the back of Jo’s neck stand up.

“What time is it?” Jo asked Zacky, he looked at his cell phone and told her.

“Shit,” she said under her breath. Then she saw the chart on the table.

“Why didn’t you?” Roxy started to say.

“Meh, just cause I had a cold and was dealing with it, it’s not something I’m going to share. It’s not important,” the look in her eyes made Roxy shut up from commenting everyone picked up on the fact that she didn’t want Zacky to know.

“Well, I could of helped you,” Roxy said.

“I’m taking the right medicine for it,” Jo went to the bar and took out the bottle of JD she kept there as a memorandum of a better time.

Matt came up behind her as she was about to take a drink, he took the glass, “Thank you,” he said giving her a killing look. She knew what she was doing, drinking would make her go lower on the list. Which meant she wasn’t getting better any time soon.

“Anyone else is going to take the drink out of my hand?” She turned to everyone, and they all looked at her like they were deers caught in the headlights. “Whateves,” Jo plopped down on the couch next to Roxy, between her and Steph.

“We’re going to go,” Brian stood up. Jo nodded at him, and stood up again, her body was starting to fill up with fluid her pants were tight.

“Alright, we’re coming too,” Jimmy said as he helped Lauren stand up.

Jo went up to him and hugged him. “I’m sorry about everything,” she whispered in his ear, remembering the harsh words she had said to him.

“I love you,” he said, hugging her tighter.

She then hugged Lauren and Brian, he wasn’t very happy with her, she could feel it. “Cheer up butter cup,” she said smiling at him and he gave her a weak smile.

“Spammy,” Jo said as she hugged her.

“Dude,” she said in a small voice.

“I know we need to talk, take Zacky home with you,” Jo said and Sam nodded.

“Zacky you coming?” Sam asked as Brian grabbed her hand and entertwined their fingers.

“Yeah,” Zacky said looking at Jo with sad eyes.

“I’m going to give you a call tomorrow and I have to call my lawyer and we will get everything rolling,” Jo said everyone turned to her and she just shrugged.

When everyone left, Jo came back into the room. “So,” she said with a sigh.

“How many liters a day?” Roxy asked.

“Hm, about 6 a day,” Jo said as she undid her belt.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Steph said.

“Because, there was nothing you could do,” Jo said sitting down, her head was killing her and her skin was about to burst.

“What’s this about a lawyer?” Matt asked.

“Zacky is taking James,” Jo said matter of fact, it was as if they should of known that already.

“What?” Steph and Roxy said at the same time.

“It was a mistake to keep Zacky away from his father. Besides I want to live my life, and I can’t have a kid to do that.” Jo said remembering how she told him and he believed her, not knowing her anymore.

“He believe that?” Steph said under her breath, Johnny squeezed her hand.

“He’ll believe anything I tell him,” Jo said reaching for her smokes.

“Is that healthy?” Matt was watching her he was the first one to notice.

“Breathing isn’t healthy,” Jo said as she lit one up.

“So when do you want to do it?” Roxy asked picking up the chart again.

“You’re going to do it?” Jo asked. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Well I’m all you have right now,” Roxy said as she stood up, Jo stood up too, finishing the last of her cigarette.

“Let’s do this.”

“What are you doing?” Johnny asked.

“Draining fluid out of my body,” Jo said and started laughing at the look on his face, he wasn’t very amused by the idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one night?
I spoil you guys.