Puppy Love

Untruthful Words

[Desiree]

I stood there with Joe as Nick pulled Destiny towards him, his lips mashing against hers. Destiny instantly wrapped her arm around Nick’s neck, her leg popping up in a clique way. My face scrunched up on its own- my arms folding at my chest, my eyes burning a hole into Nick’s eyes as he stared blankly back at me.

I shook my head and walked over to the ajarred basement door when Joe nudged me.
Looking back at Joe I quickly, but quietly walked down the steps. Reaching the carpeted bottom I looked around for the five pups.

“Hear them? I think they’re coming from over there.” He said jogging over to a closed box.

I followed him and together watched as the sides of the boxes moved as something in it was pushing against the cardboard.

“I hear them in there. How about we just take the box and run out the back door and put the pups in there.” I suggested as I lifted the box up into my arms.

Okay yeah,” Joe agreed “Then we can call Nick and he can meet us at the end of the street. Let’s go.” He said taking the box from me and cradled it in his arms.

Unlocking the door I quickly pulled it open and let Joe out as an alarm started going off. “Run!” I yelled to Joe and shut the door and ran after him.

Joe and I had reached the car and were able to put the box of puppies in the backseat along with Layla and Elvis, both of them very eager to be reunited with their children.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” I heard a high pitch voice ask.
Rolling my eyes I turned on my heel and came face to face with Nick and Destiny.

“What do you mean? Those are my puppies and you took them.” I shouted at her. “So don’t come at me like it’s my fault, all I did was take back something that was rightfully mine. So why don’t you just shut up? K thanks.”

All she did at first was smirk at me. “Don’t tell me to shut up.” She said finally. “You triggered the alarm. When the cops come, they’ll know that you broke into my house and were taking my puppies.”

Throwing a disgusted look at her I answered back. “Oh whatever. They won’t believe you. You have no dogs, and Joe and Nick are here to testify with me. So what we snuck into your house? It’s not like we broke into it. Nick let is in.” I said pointing at him. “You think he was here to see you? Please, he can’t stand you. What makes you think he’d actually want you back? You’re delusional.”

“That’s not true!” She yelled at me.

Cocking an eyebrow I stepped up to her. “It’s not? I’m pretty sure it is. He would always complain about how you were such a horrible girlfriend and how he couldn’t wait to dump you. Now that, is true.”

I watched in amusement as the blood raced to her face, her nose scrunched up and her hands tightened into fists. She took a step back and glared at me. “I hate you so much.” She said as she swung at me.

Ducking out of the way of her fist I grabbed a hold of her shoulders and threw her onto the ground. I smiled to myself, pleased that I had avoided sinking to her level and fighting. I turned around and faced Joe who was looking behind me.

I felt a hand grab a hold of my hair and yank me down to the ground, short nails clawing at my face. Smacking her hands off of my face I grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled as hard as I could until she screamed. She waved her hands out trying to smack me, but I had pushed them into the dirt, pinning her.

“Seriously, stop being immature. Do you want the cops to take us to juvie?” I yelled as she began to cry.

“Desiree.” Nick said, his footsteps were loud in my ears. “Come on.” He said as he placed his arms on my sides and pulled me off of Destiny.

“Nick no, she started it!” I said as M.J. sat up and tried to fix her messed up hair.

“Yeah, well, we’re ending it.” Joe said as he grabbed my hands from trying to escape Nick’s grasp.

“Oh my god!” I yelled. “We’re going to jail. I’m going to jail for fighting with her. If she wasn’t so jealous—“

“Me jealous?” She yelled.

Destiny and I glared at each other, Nick’s arms tightened around my waist as Joe stepped in between me and her.

“You guys need to stop.” Joe said.

“You know what Desiree?” Destiny spat. “I never told you all the things Nick says about you. He says you’re annoying for always coming by, he says that wishes he would’ve never of met you. Face it, he doesn’t like you either.”

I felt my stomach drop, my heart froze, making my blood turn icy in his grasp. I pulled Nick’s arms off of me and walked towards the car, ignoring Joe’s calls for me, or the crashing of my hope.

[Nick]

I cannot believe Destiny just said that. I am so pissed right now I feel like hitting her myself. “What was that Destiny? What you just said wasn’t true at all.”

“I don’t care.” She said rolling her eyes. “She hurt me so I hurt her back. Simple.”

I shook my head and just glared at her. “You know, its things like these that make people not like you. You’re so self absorbed, and all you do is want want want. Maybe if you treated people better you might have friends, you might be able to keep a relationship. But no, you only care about you want.”

Destiny had tears in her eyes as she listened to what I was saying. “You just made one of the most important people to me hate my guts. And you hurt me as well. Good going. You won. But what do you have to show? Nothing. And that’s all you’ll ever have.” As I took a deep breath I felt a sudden relief that I had actually said all the things I had wanted to say to Destiny since I had really gotten to know her.

She was crying by now, lines of unsoiled skin began to weave their way on her dirt covered face.

“What is going on here?” Her parents asked as the ran over to us. “Why is the alarm going off?!”

Joe and I looked from them, to each other, to a hyperventilating Destiny. I searched for words to say, but my train of thought was cut short as Destiny started speaking.

“It was me.” She said. “I was jealous that Nick dumped me and began spending time with another girl. I was jealous of her really. So I went to Nicks house and took his puppies, they came and got them and I started fighting with them. It’s all my fault. I’m sorry.” She said crying even harder now. “I hope you can forgive me Nick.” She sobbed.

I bit my lip and nodded. “Yeah,” I whispered “I forgive you. What about the cops though? They should be here soon.”

I saw no point in saying I didn’t forgive her. For the first time ever, she acknowledged she was wrong and actually, sincerely apologized for it. I could tell my words had really affected her and I didn’t want to make things worse. But really, I also wanted to go see Desiree and try and fix everything between us.

“Oh,” her parents said surprised. “Is that true? And we just have the alarm system, we didn’t pay for the security system so the cops won’t get the alert.”

Joe and I nodded.

“Well in that case, we’re very sorry, and we can assure you Destiny will be grounded for a long time. Let’s go Destiny.”

Joe and I stood there and watched as both of her parents grabbed her by the arms, gave her a stern look and began to march to their house.

“Wow!” Joe said to me. “Today was intense!”

“No today sucks. Desiree hates me.” I muttered.

“Lil fro bro, I got this under control, yo. Like fo sho.”

I looked over to Joe as we walked to the car. “Stop trying to be funny.”

I heard Joe sigh. “Fine, but I do have a plan. How about I drop you and Love Dove off for pizza, you two can talk through things and I’ll take the pups home?”

“She’ll never go for that.” I sighed.

“Yes she will, one way or another she will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm eating pizza at this moment. ^.^ Irrelevant fact, but hey. I bet it made you hungry.(:

So, comments? :)