Puppy Love

Special Delivery: Puppies?

[Nick]
I shook my head and closed the door. What have I thought of the whole time? I looked at Elvis and Layla cuddled up on the couch watching the cook show.

“Hungry?” I asked them. They whined and looked at me. Elvis jumped down and went into the kitchen waiting by his dish like the usual. Layla slowly toddled next to Elvis. I smiled and put out their food and took out the left over casserole from lunch earlier and ate it.

***

“Here Layla, you’ll sleep here for now.” I said patting the bed I laid right next to Elvis’s. When she was comfortable, I left them alone.

Kevin, Joe, and Frankie came back home and they ate and joined me to watch the baseball game on T.V. It was quiet and you can hear the cheering in the TV real loud.

I looked at the clock that said 8: 30 and went back to the game. In a few minutes my phone vibrated.

“Nick, phone.” Groaned Kevin reaching for the remote to turn up the volume.

“I can hear.” I said and went to the patio. “Hello?”

“Hey Nick!” I heard a laughter and a lot of noises.

“Desiree?” I said and I felt my lips forming into a smile and I couldn’t stop. It felt like someone just injected botox into my face.

“Yeah it’s me! How’s Layla and the puppies doing?” she asked.

I looked at Elvis and Layla curled up together next to the stove. “They are absolutely fine.” I said. “How’s Florida?” I asked.

“Uh tired.” She groaned and I heard the noise lower down and I heard a door close.
“There are like so many people from my family that I didn’t know here. It’s insane. Oh and did you know that the guys here are like buff and cute as the ones back home?!” she said.

I laughed. “Really?” I said playing along.

“Yeah, and two guys asked me out and gave me their numbers. They aren’t as backstabbing as the guys in Cali.” She said. I felt my smile drop.

‘Really.” I said. Déjà vu.

“Yeah. So what are you up to?” she asked.

“I broke up with Destiny.” I said.

“Really?! Wow, I’m sorry?” she said.

“It’s ok. She was taking over my life pretty much.” I said.

“Yeah.” She said.

It was suddenly quiet and you can just hear breathing.

“Hello?” said Desiree. ‘Sorry about that.”

“It’s ok.” I breathed.

I heard a shuffle. “I got to go now, I’ll talk to you soon, and I’ll be back in a week. Bye Nick! Thanks a lot again.”

“Bye. Have fun.” I said.

***

A week has passed by and Desiree just called that she was on her way back home.

“Layla, how are you doing girl?” I cooed rubbing behind her ears. She whined and plopped her head between her paws. I frowned. She acted this way for two days. My mom said she was almost due but I didn’t call Desiree. I was scared she will be worried and I didn’t want to ruin her fun at Florida.

Frankie walked in the kitchen and petted Layla and Elvis. “You guys are so cute together. So how many puppies are you going to have Layla? I’m going to name them for you!” Frankie said beaming and stroking them more.

I smiled and turned to head for the door to take a walk.

I heard a screech and I quickly turned around to find Frankie running out of the kitchen and into Joe’s lap.
“LAYLA PEED OUT GREEN AND YELLOW STUFF!” he screamed. I perked up and ran to the kitchen and like what Frankie said Layla’s water had broke.

“Shit.” I muttered to myself. I yanked out my cell phone and called Desiree.

I panicked looking at Layla who was whining a lot right now.

“Desiree, pick up, pick up.” I muttered.

“Hello?” I heard a voice say.

“Desiree!” I screamed. “Layla’s water broke what am I suppose to do now?”

“She what?!” Desiree was indeed freaking out. “Well her puppies are coming soon then and I’ll be back in a few minutes. Just wait. Don’t let her go anywhere!” she said. I nodded to myself.

“Ok, bye see you later.” I said. I quickly picked up a towel and wiped the water and stroked Layla on the head.

“It’s going to be ok.” I said. Elvis licked her a few times and walked away.

“Where you going boy?!” I said. “You are suppose to take this like a man! These are your kids!” I said. Elvis looked at me and went out the door. I sighed and kept petting Layla calming her down.

[Desiree]

“Mom, I need to get to the Jonas’s place quick! Layla’s due!” I said.

“Ok.” My mom said turning the car to Nick’s street. “I’ll drop you off and if you need help, just call me. We have a lot of things to unpack.” She said.

“OK.” I said and got out of the car. I ran through the already open door of the Jonas household and scanned the living room.

“Guys, where are you?” I yelled.

“Desiree- Whoa” I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around and found Nick about a few inches from me. I jumped back and looked at him. “Uh, hi. Where’s Layla?!” I asked biting my lip.

“She’s in the kitchen and wow, you’ve changed.” He said grinning. I smiled and ran into the kitchen.
“Layla baby” I cooed and hugged her being careful since she has those pups in her about to come out. “How are you doing girl? We’re getting your pups out ok?” I said stroking her fur.

Layla got up and started heading out the door. “Where are you going?” I asked and quickly tugged Layla bag to her bed.

“It’s ok Layla, don’t worry.” I cued. And just like that a golden fur ball came out.

“awww” I said as the little ball was squirming. Nick just sat there looking at it. “Wow, it’s um interesting.”

“Nick! Catch the next puppy its coming out.” I said. Layla yelped and out of nowhere Elvis came in and licked Layla.

“Ok, another pup.” Nick said placing the puppy down next to the other breathing fur ball. Layla gave them a quick lick and pawed the blanket a bit and out came another puppy.

After the second puppy Nick leaned back on the wall and sighed. “How many puppies are there?! I’m kinda freaked out.” He said.

I glared at him. “This is what you get for having your dog rape my dog. And its usually five puppies so three more to go or more.” I said grinning and I slapped him on the arm. “Besides, it’s not like you’re giving birth.” I said.

Layla yelped and screeched for a few seconds and I stroked her fur. “It’s ok Layla.” I said murmuring. “Breathe in, and out.” I said.

“In and out.” I heard Nick say behind me.

“Nick, I’m not talking to you. And you are not the one giving birth here.” I said.

Nick blushed “Yeah, I was just playing.”

Then after awhile three more puppies came out, and Layla quietly licked the substance off of the little puppies coat fur.

I smiled and looked at Layla. “Good girl.” I cooed. Elvis sat right next to Layla and gave a sweet kiss to Layla. I smiled and I heard a groan.

I turned my head and Nick looked at Layla. “No more puppies right?” I rolled my eyes.

“No wait Nick, there’s about two more.” I said.

“No.” Said Nick burying his face in his knees. I patted his back.

“Just kidding. That’s all I think. It should be,” I said.

“I am so not going to have kids.” He muttered.

I looked at him. “Those are puppies, not babies.” I said laughing. He chuckled with me and I got up.

“So what are we going to name them?” I said.

“I don’t know.” He said.

Frankie ran into the kitchen and crouched down looking at the puppies. “They look so ugly Nick.” He said poking one of them. Layla snarled and barked at Frankie. Frankie jumped up and hugged Nick.

“She’s a mean mom.” He said.

“She’s just protecting her babies.” I said.

“Finally!” said Joe walking toward the fridge. “I had to wait until you guys were done delivering the dogs to get my soda.” He said pulling out a can of soda.

Nick raised his eyebrows. “So you knew about this and you didn’t help?” he said.

Joe shrugged. “I thought you wanted time with Desiree and the dogs.” He said grinning. “Very romantic.” He said making air quotes.

I looked at Nick who was turning around and I caught a glimpse of him blushing.

Kevin walked in next and examined the puppies. “Nick, we can’t keep all of the puppies you know?” he said.

“Yeah.” He said and shuffled in his shoes.

“We’ll think it through.” I said smiling.

“Guitar Hero anyone?” said Kevin walking into the living room.

Joe and Frankie followed him and I looked over at the puppies and their parents.

“Let’s leave the new family alone.” I said.

“Yeah. Ok.” Nick said and we went out to the bench in the patio.

“SO, was it hard?” I said.

Nick’s head turned to me squinting at the sun. “What’s hard?” he said.

“Breaking up with Destiny.” I said.

“Well, not really.” He said.

“Oh.” I said.

“How was Florida?” he asked.

“Good. Very beautiful and awesome.” I said.

“So did you call those guys who gave you their numbers?” he asked.

“No.” I said. “Why?” I asked.

“No reason.” He said.

“Ok then.” I said.

“Would you pick Florida over Cali?” he asked looking straight at me.

“I wouldn’t ever.” I said getting up and planting a kiss on his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) You're turn Chelsea!

Thank you to the readers and i hope you guys comment and subscribe!

PS special thanks to Jonasfan0213 for having our story nominated for Best Animal Jonas FanFiction!

more info at Jonas Fan Fiction awards