Forbidden Temptation

Balcony Scene

The walk through Volterra was agonizing. It took everything in me not to turn around and run back to the Cullen's. Fear kept my knees weak and shaky. In every shadow I saw a brilliant pair of red globes. How the citizens of Volterra never noticed these was beyond me. The moment I would dare to tiptoe the line between light and dark my heart would thump in a irregular beat, my palms would sweat, and I would become hyper aware of my every movement. I heard whispers from the same shadows bribing me to come into the shadows. They called me "Princess Ally" and "Siren". I kept my voice in my throat, ready to use if needed.
"Come to me Princess, lovely, lovely Siren. Come to the shadow. We'll make you beautiful..."
It was almost hypnotizing this voice. The words meant nothing to me, the sound, though... The sound was sweet and warm in my ears. My eyes began to water making my vision blurry. I needed to see who this was. I needed to see the face with the voice of warm caramel.
"Who are you?" I gasped.
A faint chuckle echoed in the dark alley. I glanced at the windows on either side of the alley. A tailor and drying cleaning store was on one side and on the other was an antique shop. If I started to scream someone would hear me but then again, if I lit him on fire and someone saw, it'd be hard to explain.
"Is someone there?" I asked.
Of course someone was there and I bet they were beautiful and evil.
"Come princess, come."
How was his doing this to me? I had Bella's power. I should be able to block this type of power. Maybe it wasn't a power maybe it was just a talent. The talent to seduce.
I knew I should have turned around and left. I should have started to make my way to my death at the castle. At least there I had vampire life to look forward to. I had a feeling that I wouldn't survive this type of attack. How could I hurt such a lovely voice?
"I'm going to leave," I announced. As if the voice cared. It'd probably snatch me soon.
"I'll see you soon then, Princess,"
"Wait, who are you?" I took a step into the darkness then quickly backed out into the sidewalk where Volterra citizens shouted rude remarks as I bumped into them.
The red orbs disappeared quickly in the darkness. At the opposite side of the street, where another ally was, another pair of blood red eyes floated.
I shivered. This little incident could have ended very badly.

My feet were bricks as I tried to raise them up the Castle Volterra steps. The guards glared at me. Their eyes read the fantasy of drinking me dry. They probably had gotten a good lecture on how they did a lousy job of keeping me here. Oh well, I was never easy to keep track of, they shouldn't feel too bad. It wasn't until the last couple thousand steps that I started to think of other possible ways of keeping my siblings safe and myself.
Maybe I could go to the Volturi, persuade them with my voice to let me go, they wouldn't have Mindy or Shane to blackmail me with. I didn't see anything stopping me.
I began to sprint the last couple of steps to the doors and blasted them aside. My hands bunched tight into fists and my breathing becoming heavy as I went to the library where I knew Aro, Marcus and Caius would be.
I let my hands burn red flames, a power I had gotten from my vampire demon angel.
"Siren, is that you?" Aro called from the room.
"Watch out brother, she's on fire," Caius joked.
I reached the open door. I worked up the last bits of courage and spoke.
"I only came to tell you that I won't be coming back and for you to leave me alone forever!" I almost roared.
Aro chuckled a low, terrible sound, "I don't think so, lovely."
From behind the chair that faced it's back to me, was Alec with Jane neatly sitting on his lap.
A slow layer of fog flooded the wooden floor, covering the Victorian rugs and the legs of tables and chairs. When the fog reached my feet, it maneuvered around them as if I had some sort of repellant. Bella's power did work! Alec gave Aro a panicked look. Aro didn't show any sign of panic, he just smirked and gave a swift nod to Jane. She smiled her toothy white smile and focused her eyes onto me.
"Nuh-uh, Princess,"
I let my voice hum a melody that enchanted the whole room. Aro, Marcus, Caius, Jane and Alec quickly had a glazed look in their eyes. They were mine now. What I would do with them was beyond me but they were under my control. No longer were they so powerful. Now they could fear me.
"Let them go, Siren. Come to me darling."
I was about to let them decided to sit in the same place forever when I heard that voice again. The sweet, caramel, warm, familiar voice. The shivers and the goose bumps broke my concentration. Damn.
"I see you haven't met our latest family member, Adakiis," Aro announced from behind me.
My back to 5 angry vampires, Aro's hand on my shoulder, and my hands no longer flaming, I waited to see the face of Adakiis. A very tall, pale, fair haired man walked into the room. Vampire transformation had made him perfect but I could see without it, he'd still be beautiful.
"Are you staying, princess?" He asked, his voice no longer as hypnotizing.
It sounded colder, bored, mean even.
I let my hands flame again and my head shake an answer.
"Why not, Ally? Please, stay."
His lips moved in familiar patterns, I couldn't possibly understand what was so familiar about this man.
"Stay? Stay."
He let his hand extend towards me.
A fat load Bella's power did.
I took his cold hand in mine.
"Adakiis, show young Ally her bedroom. I believe she'll be staying. Oh, and keep an eye on her door. Make sure she doesn't leave."
With his cold hand in mine he yanked me onto his back and ran me upstairs but not before I took one last glance at my enemies. Aro and Marcus had terrifying smirks placed on their lips before they began to whisper to each other, what I have no doubt in, were plans.
He left me on a bed in a different room then I had stayed in before.
"This isn't my room," I stated rudely.
He glared at me, "And what is wrong with this room?"
"It isn't mine, place me in my room," I whined.
I sat on the bed with my elbows propping me upright. Quicker then any average vampire, he hovered above me with his hands placed right on top of mine. His red eyes were hideous, his perfect features were intimidating but as he spoke I melted in a zone I could only describe as... safe?
"This was my room when the castle was first built; I was hoping you'd like it as much as I did."
I couldn't find the rhythm I was supposed to be breathing in, so I gasped a responds.
"I-I-I just rather be in a familiar bed," I stuttered breathless.
"We could make this bed... very familiar,"
I could see in his burgundy eyes that he was making a serious offer. I couldn't trust myself with Adakiis, he was far too persuasive.
I placed my hand on his throat. I wanted to touch the voice that had such a power over me but that was impossible, so I chose his throat as a substitute.
"Leave please," I wanted to command but it came out more like begging.
He chuckled and kissed my forehead with his icy lips.
"Good night, Princess."
He exited my room in a speed I would never get used to.
I couldn't be falling in love with Adakiis. No, of course not. It was his voice. Merely, just his voice.
I let my thoughts wonder until I lazily fell asleep on top of Adakiis's old bed. Through the night I dreamt of him, singing to me as he sparkled in the sunlight. Then he ripped my throat out. It wasn't the worst of my many nightmares but it was surely close enough.
With a quiet yelp I woke up from the terrible dream. The uncarpeted floor was icy as my bare feet touched it's surface. The moon was beautifully shining its silver light through the window. Casually, I walked through the glass doors and onto the balcony overlooking the gardens.
"Ally! Ssssspt. Ally!" I heard a faint voice calling from below.
I let my eyes bomb onto his dark figure, "Seth?"
"Ally, is that you?" He shouted in a whisper.
"W-what are you doing here? It's dangerous. Go home! Go back to Mindy and Shane. Please Seth, please," I begged.
I saw his gorgeous hair shake as he bellowed a firm no, "I need you safe. Jump, I'll catch you."
"Shhh! They'll hear you, that is if they haven't already smelled you! I know what I'm doing, besides, I can not leave."
He groaned and then sighed out his frustration. The night sky enveloped him and his beauty, making his golden tan skin no longer so brown but a shadowy pale color. For the split moments between my anger and worry, I was able to admire his every perfection and imperfection. My hands began to throb from the aching I had to be able to touch him. I really wanted to feel his warm skin again.
"Ally, please. I love you."
I whipped my head around to find Adakiis but all I found was an empty room.
"Ally, you can't expect me to leave, can you?"
I gasped and looked below, "Seth, is that your voice?
He muffled a chuckle, "Well, yeah, whose voice did you expect?" his tone turned serious, "Wait, did you hear someone else up there?"
I shook my head, "No, no. It's just I'm so happy to hear your voice is all."
I could see his dazzling white teeth stretch into a smile, "Now, trust me. Jump."
I sighed and let his voice flood my head. It was his voice that I heard out of Adakiis's mouth. That's how he had such power over me. He imitated Seth's voice and Seth was just one creature I didn't ever want to fight. Honestly, how could I possibly when I love him. But still, I had to stay. They'd find Shane and Mindy one day, and even if I was already gone, they wouldn't be above revenge.
Once more he moaned his frustrations, "Fine, if you're not coming down... then I'm coming up!"
"Wait, Seth. No! They'll see you!"
I heard him whisper something to himself, "I have night's cloak to hide me from their sight./ And but thou love me, let them find me here:/ My life were better ended by their hate,/ Than death prorogued, wanting of thy love.."
He began to scale the side of the castle, brick by stony brick until his warm beautiful face was right by mine. My eyes began to water from the immense happiness I was beginning to feel. Sure his safety was at risk but finally he'd be in touching distance. I couldn't wait any longer! I took his face and pressed it against mine, making sure his lips were pressed tightly and smoothly against mine. He tumbled from the balcony fence onto the floor with me safely on top of his tall, fairly warm body.
His lips massaged mine in random rhythms. One hand was kept firmly at my waist and the other on the side of my neck. My hand was tightly grasping his black locks as the other was trapped between his chest and mine. His sweet tongue gently touched my bottom lip as if he were asking for permission to enter. I obliged, happily. Our mouths intertwined as I grasped him closer to me and him the same.
My head was full of his taste and scent. Being able to think was barely manageable. One minute I was on the balcony and the next I was laying beneath his body on the soft, cold bed. I separated my mouth from his for the first time to gasp for air. We were both panting in different rhythms. Apparently, Seth had gotten enough oxygen before I was able to and began to kiss my neck in a fiery haste. The feeling of his touch wasn't like any other I had ever experience, although I haven't experienced many. Every place his lips, hands, tongue touch lit that skin on fire! His small kisses to my neck probably left a mark in a blush.
Why did I love such an amazing man when I have no business loving? He should have a girl who can do this with him forever and always at his beckoning. Not me, who can barely touch him without endangering his life!
With those thoughts, my passion began to dim while my worry began to flame.
"Seth," I breathed, "You have to leave."
He grunted a no.
"Seth, the longer you're here the longer they have to prepare."
Again, he grunted.
I had to try again, I needed him alive. I couldn't even fathom living if he wasn't. So, that's exactly what I said.
"Ally, you defiantly know how to ruin a mood."
I frowned, "As long as you're alive to try this again."
He kissed my forehead, sweetly, "You aren't coming are you?"
I shook my head, "I honestly can't, I wish I could be with you and my family but I can't. If keeping you all safe means being locked up in this castle forever I'll do it."
"You know what they want from you."
I smiled playfully as I twirled a lock of his night sky colored hair, "I could persuade them to think differently."
"You know, I need you just as much as you need me."
Doubtful, I thought.
"I'll leave if you want me too, but I'll come back. Every night if I have to!"
"Shh!" I exclaimed, "They'll hear you."
He rolled his eyes, "I'm frankly beginning not to care."
I gave him one last kiss, making sure to savor it.
"Goodbye, Seth."
"Goodnight, Ally," He sighed.
"I love you," I finally was able state as he walked towards the balcony.
He flashed me a smile, "I love you to, Ally."
I wanted to pray that Seth would grow a brain and never come back. This was much too dangerous. He'd be lucky if he got out of the Volterra Castle alive. That thought only struck me with more panic! I took a deep breath.
The Cullen's will take care of him, I assure myself. But something told me that Seth's determination was a force to be reckoned with.
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapter by far.
I love Romeo and Juliet.
If you do too, then comment&rate&subscribe!