Forbidden Temptation

Instigator

"Jacob, there was nothing out there." I came in shaking my head to clear the new fallen raindrops that took home on my hair.
I heard a smack and I knew why I was asked to leave, "You know if you and Nessie wanted to make out you could have just told me."
Jacob rolled his eyes, "Sure, sure. Well since you want me to be so blunt. Get. I want to kiss." Nessie giggled and they both began where they left off. Makin' out.
I gagged, "You better hope Edward doesn't see you like that." As a responds Jacob grunted in annoyance. "Ha-- you better hope Bella doesn't even come to even suspect what you guys are doin'. Period." Now Nessie was the one to grunt in annoyance.
I walked into the Cullen's kitchen. They always had food, which was odd because they didn't eat food. It was probably wishful thinking, that maybe Renesmee would eat it and be able to survive like a normal human off of normal food. I don't think they got the hint that Nessie was fifteen and still not into chicken nuggets but chicken blood.
I opened the fridge: eggs, bread, peanut butter, which did not go in the fridge by the way, Jell-O chocolate pudding cups and a whole lot of other crap that didn't catch my interest after I saw the pudding cups. I grabbed it happily and started to eat the delightful chocolaty gooeyness with a fork.
"Now tell me why you're eating chocolate pudding with a fork?" My heart stopped beating from the utter shock I felt as Alice crept up behind me. "I could see maybe eating it with your finger or sucking it out of the cup but a fork?"
I stared at her like she was crazy.
"Are you okay?" She grimaced a little from the concern.
"I'm not sure. The last time I checked my heart was supposed to be moving in a rhythmic beat."
She smiled. Her smile was great. "What kind of wolf are you not being able to detect a vampire in touching distance?"
"I've been near you Cullen's for too long. I can barely even tell your scent from dirty gym socks."
She narrowed her eyes, "Oh Seth, you're sarcasm slays me."
I put a spoo—forkful of pudding in my mouth and replied with a wide smile, "Good."
She grimaced again and muttered as she walked away, "Gets more like Jacob every day..."
I frowned. If I was starting to act like anybody I would think it'd be Leah. I was starting to get grouchy, bitter and mean, and the sad part of all of it was I knew I was getting grouchy, bitter and mean. Like Leah she missed being loved and I was the same way except I never loved in the first place. Paul had Rachel. Jacob had Renesmee. Sam had Emily. Quil had Claire. Embry had Kim. Everyone had imprinted! What about me? Nope. Loveless.
"Awe, don't worry Seth. You'll find someone." Edward said as he walked in. By the look on his face, he'd seen Jacob and Nessie. "Yes I did see them. And I'm trying to erase the image. Once you do imprint, don't do that in front of her father."
"Edward, I don't see how you're not ripping his throat out." I stated. I was instigating. Leah wasn't the only one who could feel better after instigating. Instigating was like crack. Its whack but it'll make you feel better.
He smirked, "At times like these I really do feel like ripping out his esophagus but then Bella wouldn't be too happy and neither would Renesmee. And although it isn't one of my better skills, I have to learn to let go."
"She's fifteen, Edward."
"Stop instigating, Seth." He plopped the mail onto the kitchen counter and left the room. It seemed like people couldn't stand to be in a room with me for more then five minutes now a days.
I went over to the stack of mail looking through the multicolored envelopes. I could practically hear Leah lecturing me on how this was an invasion of privacy and against the law.
"Junk. Junk. Bill. Junk. Oo, coupon. Junk. Junk. Junk. Invitation. Junk."
"Invitation to what?"
I gasped in surprise, "Will everyone just quit that, already! Gosh."
Bella smirked and picked up the invitation, "It's from the Volturi..."
"You mean those Italian guys that wanted to take Nessie?"
"Yes." She said with little enthusiasm. Before Bella could even call for him Edward was right beside her looking at the invitation. Both of their faces were identical with confuses and worry. "We don't have to go, right?"
She looked into his eyes searching for an answer, "We must go."
Carlisle said behind them. I saw him coming and I was still a little startled.
Bella clenched her teeth, "Why? Would they even notice if we didn't attend?"
"Bella, sweetheart, if you are sent an invitation you have to go. It's an unwritten law." Edward said sweetly.
"Well I guess I won't follow it until it's written somewhere." She crossed her arms as if portraying a sign to all that no one was going to change her mind.
Edward rolled his eyes, "We don't all have to attend right Carlisle?"
Carlisle stepped more into the kitchen, "May I?" He reached out for the invitation and read. He sighed, "They state all of our names... even Nessie's."
Bella's eyes grew wide, "Oh no. Nessie isn't going. I don't care if it some unwritten rule. She isn't going. We aren't going."
"Bella come now, we've gone a couple years without confrontation with the Volturi and they have been doing their job to keep the peace, quiet well."
"But it's too dangerous!" Bella was now whining. How Leah of her.
Edward smirked at my thought. It was creepy how he could read my mind sometimes. "Bella, would Carlisle ever suggest anything that would put our daughter in danger?"
"No but-"
"Then I see no harm in going. We go for this Opening of Castle Volterra and then we leave the next day. No fighting will be done. No threats will be said. Just us in formal wear and a bunch of vampires who don't want to be there either."
Bella didn't respond.
"Awe come on Bella do you really want to start beef with the Italian dudes?" I stated. Instigator.
She turned her sharp gaze at me which sorta made me want to phase into wolf from for my own protection. "We dress. We dance. We leave. Got it?"
"Of course Bella. Of course." Edward reassured her.
"I hope you dance the night away." I mocked.
She smirked an evil smirk. The ones that felt really awkward for the person you gave them too but felt really fun giving them. "The invitation said unlimited guests."
♠ ♠ ♠
Team Seth- because we don't like bullshit.