Forbidden Temptation

Shane and Seth

My insides felt like they were being twisted together and woven into a bizarre thread that pulled me into so many different directions. Basically, it hurt and don't even get me started on how much my heart was aching! I had Shane and Mindy Gates on my back, the closest thing I had to Ally and I wasn't going to let her down. I needed to get them somewhere safe. Somewhere they'd be safe from all vampires...
La Push!
I pushed my legs as fast as they could go. I whined at the small bit of pain from the harsh tugging of my fur. It didn't hurt much but I wasn't use to pain in werewolf form except for the time I got beaten up by that Riley vampire guy but whatever. I won.
I reached the edge of the city where the airport was located. I slowed to a complete stop—being extra careful not to throw Mindy and Shane off my back.
They lowered themselves off my back and took a couple steps back. I gave them a long stare indicating them to stay put. They understood and sat. I went behind the brush of the forest and changed back to human form. I put on the pants and shirt I carried in my mouth and tied to my leg.
"So, I'm sending you to my family." I stated.
Shane shook his head, "I'm not gonna put your family out. You've done enough..."
"Look, did you see what I am? My pack is the same—bigger even! Vampires are dead before they even start fighting," Shane looked at me like he didn't buy it. "We haven't really gotten any action lately either. We help you, you help us."
"Yeah, send us to a pack of war crazed wolves." He muttered.
"Play nice with doggy Shane!" Mindy instructed. Shane played along and pouted.
"What about Ally?"
"I intend to do all I can to save her. I'll—" I cut myself off.
"You'll what? Die for her?" He rolled his eyes. "Why you care so much is beyond me..."
I sighed. "Look, if I tell you why I care, will you go on the plane without a fuss?"
He looked at Mindy who was searching frantically for danger in the brush. Poor girl, so used to danger...
He nodded and I began, "My kind—"
"Werewolves." He interjected.
"Yes, werewolves," I said annoyed. "We have this thing called imprinting. It's like we all have a match in this world and when we find them it becomes like impossible to forget about them. Get it?" He shook his head.
"It's like love at first sight but a lot stronger. Sometimes it's a brotherly type love or a romantic type love. My friends Jacob and Quil imprinted with kids. They only loved them as a child of their own, well, until they grew up and they loved them like romantically."
"Sooooo... you love Ally?" His voice broke a little at the end.
I smiled, "More then my life. More then my pack. More then my mother and defiantly more than my sister! She's my Juliet."
He rolled his eyes, "Ugh, sick. You aren't into that girly Romeo and Juliet bull too?"
"Hey, it's a classic," I let my hand rest on his shoulder. "Now, to the airport."
I began to move forward but he didn't follow, I looked at him confused. We didn't have much time!
"Man, you're really nice and I really hope you did imprint on Ally but you might be mixing up the signals. Ally's got skills and what you feel may be this imprinting stuff or a very strong persuasion Ally can give. So. I just thought that since you're doing this for me I'd warn you about her..."
Of course I'd feel this way about her regardless of imprinting or persuasion or whatever! She was the one. I knew this. It didn't matter. Nothing. No laws or magic could rip away the affection I had for her. Nothing! Nothing at all!
Shane could obviously see the certainty of my love in my eyes, "I love her Shane. No matter what." He nodded in responds.
We began to walk and once again he stopped.
"Um, how are we going to get on a plane? We have no passport."
I never thought of that.
"I'll make a few calls."
I walked into the airport and just by the smell I knew some vampires were here. Of course, I let Shane and Mindy walk in front of me. I wouldn't let them out of my sight, I couldn't afford to lose them. Crazy as it may seem... they already felt like family. Like my own children. I stopped at a pay phone and called the hotel... on collect.
"Hello? Seth?"
"Um, Hi..."
"Seth, where are you?"
"I need to talk to Jacob, Ness..."
She sighed and bellowed for Jacob.
"Hello."
"I'm just going to come out and say it—"
"You imprinted."
"Yes."
"Well congrats I guess."
"Look, I have Ally's siblings with me. I'm gonna send them to La Push."
"You would imprint with trouble...," He muttered, "Yeah, I guess the pack needs something to do. I'll be down there in a little bit."
"Thanks man."
He sighed once more, "Sure, sure."
"Oh! And one more thing. Ally..."
"Yeah, the Cullen's are on it. They're probably already with her. Your scent shouldn't be that hard to pick up. We're the only wolves in town."
"Yeah, let's keep it that way."
♠ ♠ ♠
um, comment&subscribe&advertise?
thanks :]