It Was You From the Start

I Promise

“I can’t live without Rory.” I recognized the voice. It was Jacob. To think I could say he was just a friend and think of him as so much more. I just met the guy. I liked the guy that was my nightmare. I stirred. “Rory?” I f he heard me think that night at the beach, he could probably hear me now. Most of all I wanted to see if I could hear him.

Jacob?

“Rory…” he sighed. “Are you okay?”

I’m fine.

“Are you sure?”

Jacob, listen to me.

“What’s wrong?”

Nothing, nothing is wrong. I want you to think of something.

“Why?”

Just do what I asked…please. My eyes were still closed; I could feel the darkness.

Why am I thinking? I finally opened my eyes to see Jacob staring at me.

“Because I can hear you, too.” I smiled, but he wasn’t smiling back.

“Ror, are you okay?”

“I want to think. It’s so cool.” He laughed.

“No, right now I want to hear your voice. I’ve been here for five days. I think I deserve that much.”

“I’ve been out for five days?”

“Yeah. You were just lying there. There was nothing I could do. I felt so helpless. Except with your dog. He really likes me.”

“I really like you, too.”

“Yeah? Since when?” he smiled.

“I can’t live without you, Jacob.” He snickered.

“Heard that, didn’t you?”

“Oh, yeah. And I’m glad I did. For a while there you had me thinking this relationship was seen two different ways.”

“Never.” He shook his head, picking his hand up to stroke my cheek.

“What happens now? With all of the, uh…” I started to lean up slowly. As I had I realized I was in pajamas.

“If you’re going to pass out on me again, please don’t say the word.”

“Werewolf stuff. What happens to me?”

“You were out for the worst part. Being sick for a while. Then it happens when you get extremely angry. When you start feeling like something is stretching, you go out into the woods and it happens. You change.”

“I have to do all of it alone?”

“Only if you want to.” I shook my head. “Then I will be here the entire time. Every single step of the way.”

“What about school? Don’t we have school today? Jacob, I have to graduate.”

“Calm down. The school thinks we’re both sick with something extremely contagious. I don’t remember what you dad called it.”

“My dad?”

“Yeah, he know all about werewolves. If I am correct he was one, a REALLY long time ago.”

“You mean…my father was a…and he didn’t tell me?” Anger started building up inside me.

“Ror, if you don’t want the change to happen now, I suggest you calm down.”

“Jacob, he never told me anything!”

“I don’t want to see you in pain right now, please calm down.” Weirdly his voice was insistent and calm at the same time. I closed my eyes and tried to escape to my thoughts.

If I had never come here, this never would have happened. None of it. I wouldn’t have found out about my dad’s secret life. About imprinting. I never would have met Jacob.

Are you saying that’s a bad thing?

Jacob—

If you want me to go I’ll go. It’ll be hard, but I’ll do it. If that’s what you think is best.

Finally, I opened my eyes. Jake was staring at my face again. His expression seemed was very sad.

I’m sorry. That’s not what I meant at all.

“Then what did you mean?”

“I meant, the only bad thing that happened to me was this werewolf stuff never would have happened. The only thing I don’t regret about moving here is meeting you.”

“You came here only to fall in love with me?”

“Might as well have. Seems you are the only thing keeping me sane here.”

“Not true. You have plenty of friends. They might not know you, but all of the others love you so much.”

“Others?”

“The other werewolves. Like Quil and Embry.”

“Oh, okay. Who changed me?”

“Karen.” I looked up at the ceiling.

“What are you doing here?”

“I wouldn’t leave your side.”

“Does Dad know your here?”

“Yes, he does. We’ve been telling him Quil and I have been working in shifts watching you. I got while he was home and Quil would watch you while he was at work.”

“Then why are you here?”

“I only said that’s what we’ve been telling him.” He smiled. I brought my hand up and put it on the side of his face. He closed his eyes and leaned his face into my hand.

Thank you. I thought.

Anything to make you happy. His eyes were still closed.

I’m more than happy to be here with you than I have ever been. Just stay with me…through everything. He opened his eyes.

“I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah...that's great...thank you guys so much for subscribing and commenting....love them comments....lots of luv to us....