It Was You From the Start

I Screamed

I’m more than happy to be here with you than I have ever been. Just stay with me…through everything. He opened his eyes.

“I promise.”

“Promise what, Jacob?” Quil walked into the room. He saw me leaning up. “Rory, you’re okay. Oh my gosh, are you okay?”

Quil, please calm down.

“Holy cow. I can hear you. Wait a minute…”

Can you hear me?

“Yes, Quil. I can hear you.”

“Tell me what I’m thinking.”

“You’re thinking that Calvin is going to kill Jacob.”

“You did hear me.”

“I heard that, too.”

“We both knew you could read my mind, Jacob.”

“I didn’t. So, this is a werewolf thing, then?”

“Yes, so is imprinting. That’s what happened to you and me.”

“Has it happened to anyone else?”

“It has to Sam and Emily. The only difference is that she’s normal. Meaning not a werewolf. I have to remind you not to stare at Emily’s face whenever you see her.”

“Why?”

“I’ll let you see for yourself.” I tried to think and see if he was picturing it.

Not gonna work.

“I hate you.”

“We should probably tell Calvin that you’re alright. He’s like to see you awake.”

“Jacob, do you value my father’s life?”

“I guess so.”

“Then don’t bring him in here. It will only make me mad, and then…” he started at me for a long moment.

“Quil, go tell him she’s awake. Keep him out. Do not under any circumstances let him in here.”

“Got it.” He turned to me. “Do you want anything, Rory?”

“A bowl of cereal. I’m kinda hungry.”

“Okay.” He walked out of the room. I looked back at Jacob. He was looking at me like I was weird.

“What?”

“Cereal? It’s like 5:00 and you want cereal?”

“Yeah, so what? It’s my favorite breakfast and snack.”

“Whatever you want. I’m sorry about all of this.”

“Why is this happening now? Why didn’t this happen seventeen years ago?”

“Well—”

“What do you mean I’m not allowed to go see my own daughter!? I have every right to!” just then the door was thrown open and my dad walked in.

Rory, I need you to stay calm and relax. Just close your eyes and stay in your head.

Just don’t say anything that’ll hurt him too hard.

I won’t. I closed my eyes and did what Jacob said. I could still heard their conversation in Jacob’s thoughts, which wasn’t helping, but I listened anyway.

“Rory, are you okay?” Jake got off his chair and blocked me from my father’s view.

“Mr. Ateara, sir, I don’t think you should be here.”

“I think I should be. She’s my daughter. I should be able to see her whenever I want.”

Now he wants to see me.

Rory…

Sorry.

“Right now is not a good time. Given the state she’s in now and the one she’ll become.”

“You think I’d be threatened by my own daughter?”

He should be.

“Rory.” Jacob said sternly, turning around to look at me.

“I’m sorry. Last thought, I promise.”

“Thought? So, you can hear her?”

“Yes, I can, and she can hear me and Quil and everyone else once she hears their voices.”

“This is really happening isn’t it? I knew her coming here would be a bad thing.”

“It’s not. She has me. I can help her through it.”

“Why you? Why not Quil? She’s closer to him than you. She barely knows you.”

“True, but, uh…”

Quil, get up here now. We need you to hold Dad back. Jacob’s going to tell him about us.

Be right there, Rory. Go ahead, Jacob. I’m heading up the stairs now.

“Mr. Ateara, I have imprinted on Rory, and she has on me.” He was about to charge at Jacob, but Quil held him back. My dad struggled against Quil’s strong arms. Finally, Dad stopped, but Quil didn’t let go.

He started at Jacob’s face. I could tell he was angry. I didn’t understand why. It’s not like it could be helped. All of a sudden, I felt anger against my dad. He was angry with Jacob for not reason at all.

Rory, calm down. I tried. I took a deep breath in and out. But I was still angry. Rory, please calm down. Not now, please. He was pleading now. My arms stared to shake fast first, then the rest of my body. Ror, please.

Rory, please, calm down. We don’t have time.

I screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay one more chapter and then i start the new story....well this story but continued in a different story...blah blah...Jacob's POV next...