Broken By The Darkness In My Blood

First Encounters and Lonely Strangers

Zac’s P.O.V

As I walked with my head down to sit on a swing in the middle of the park, I accidentally bashed into someone.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t realise you were there.” I mumbled just loud enough to be heard. I looked up at who I had walked into and brushed my fringe out of the way. It was a girl, a girl with deep blue eyes that had me transfixed on the spot. I didn’t know what to say or do. The only contact I had had with any girl was rare and to be facing a girl like this was extra-ordinary for me. I took in her long black hair and her slender features and tried to speak but nothing came out of my open mouth. Apart from one feeble word,
“Sorry.” I watched as she drifted her gaze from me to her feet, in a nervous embarrassed way. I didn’t get what she was embarrassed at, I had been the one to be clumsy enough to bump into her, a good thing I did too.

“Don’t worry about it.”

These were the words I heard her perfectly shaped mouth utter whilst watching the floor. I smiled at her but thought it was stupid so I moved my hand to her chin and lifted it up.

“I’m just wondering why a girl like you is wandering around in the dark on a night like this.” I said but I quickly took my hand away. I had only just met her and yet I was acting like I had known her for years. She breathed a long disgusted sigh and looked up like she was annoyed.

“Don’t ask.” She said looking back at me. I let her look deep into my eyes it was an odd feeling, like the world was opening up to swallow me.

“You sound like you’ve had as bad a day as me.” I answered her reply. She blushed. I couldn’t tell very well but the signs were all there as she looked away almost immediately. She looked beautiful in the moonlight to me. The light gave her eyes that strange light that appears like fire when a person’s happy. I heard the sound of her feet shuffle-ling and looked down at her black and white converses. I was amazed when I noticed the My Chemical Romance laces; they were awesome. She’s beautiful and musical too. I then took in what else she was wearing, the black jeans that showed off her legs, then I noticed her corset like black shirt. She looked amazing and yet she was only dressed in black and red if you count the writing on the laces. I then twigged that I was making her uneasy.
“Oops. Sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Zac.” I said, sticking my hand out for her to shake. She slowly out stretched her hand and shook mine.

“My names Sapphire,” She responded. It was a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. When I didn’t let go of her hand and I realised it, I stood for a second just staring at them linking sharing a connection that no one else could feel or see. It wasn’t until I felt her eyes drift down to our hands and her gently but quickly pulling her hand out of mine did I actually move.

“Do you want to sit down on the bench over there?” I asked her. I turned and pointed at the bench next to the great big oak tree in the middle of the park. “That’s if you want to of course.” My fringe by this point was back covering me eyes and I quickly flicked it out of my eyes so that I could see her. I had never realised how much of a barrier my fringe was. It closed me off from the out-side world that seemed to hate and devour me.
Then she smiled, the first smile I had ever seen her do and then she tucked one side of her long black hair behind her ear whilst letting the other half flop in front of her face.

“Sure.” She answered and began walking slowly at my side over to the bench. It was a chilly night I noticed as I walked closely next to her. We sat down on the old wooden bench looking up at the stars, it was a clear, even romantic, night.

“So Sapphire, tell me why I haven’t seen you around here before.” I said looking back at her; I loved watching her eyes gazing up at the sky like it was a beautiful sight to behold. Then she didn't speak to me for a few minutes. We were going deeper and deeper into an uneasy silence. I could hear an owl hoot from at least two miles away. I think I said the wrong thing.