Shattered

Knowing.

“I know the truth,” she whispered, her voice haunting and beautiful. Just the sound of it caused the still man to look up. His chocolate brown eyes looked into hers and he snorted.

“Well, dearie, that’s not too hard to figure out, now is it? You know, considering I’m about to kill you.” He gave her a toothy grin and looked back down at her pale arm, it was so tempting. He was about to put the arm back towards his mouth when the girl shouted:

“I know you’re scared. I know you can’t stand the smell of blood, I know it makes you sick. I know that you drink it only because you feel like you have to. I know you. I know everything about you. You’re so typical. Not one bit original. I just don’t understand why you think you can just kill me.” Venom dripped off of every word she said. She smirked at him, knowing.

Anger grew deeply in his heart. He stood up, pulling her up by the wrist with him. “You. Don’t. Know. Me,” He yelled bitterly, his arms waving around in the air frantically. “I know you, though. Beautiful, perfect, smart, getting everything you want, looking down on everyone, cheerleader, happy, loving. But that’s all just a lie, isn’t it? You hate your family, you hate your friends, and even your boyfriend repulses you. You’re everything that’s wrong with this world!” he exclaimed.

The girl just snorted. She pulled her wrist away from him grasp. She started to back away from the man. He didn’t seem, to notice her movements, so she thought that she was in the clear. Right as she was about to move, the man ran over towards her, taking him into her arms.

“I know you. No one else does, but I do.” The man started laughing. She looked at him like he was crazy, which he almost was. “Isn’t it ironic, that the only person that knows the real you is the one that’s going to kill you?”

The girl stood up as straight as she could while in his grasp. She turned her face towards him and said, “You’re not going to kill me.”

He gave her a strange look. “And why would I not do that?”

“Like I said before, you’re afraid. So deeply afraid. It’s the only reason you haven’t killed me yet.”

“No,” he lied, “the only reason I haven’t killed you yet is because you won’t shut up.” He grasped her wrist harder, thinking that maybe if he used enough force that she would bleed.

“Don’t lie to me, Dexter. I know you. You’re so scared because you think you might actually care for someone other than yourself. And you just won’t allow that. So you’re going to kill me. Not because you love me, but because I look like her. Because I’m almost her.”

“Shut up!” he yelled. There was such anger in his voice. He didn’t want to admit that anything she said was true. “You know nothing.”

"But I do." She took in a deep breath, trying to slow down her retrenched anger. "And I know you're going to let me go now because you can't kill me." She paused, letting her words sink in. "You won't kill me like you killed my sister."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure what I'll do with this, but I found it and I liked it. I'll see what'll happen.