How Can We Fight When I'm Too Busy Loving You?

One

“That’s not right! You are WRONG god damnit!”

“No I’m not! I’m not an idiot like someone I know!”

“STOP IT!” screamed my best friend’s sister Mia. “You two have been arguing ever since we came here! Can’t you just SHUT UP and enjoy the food I slaved over a hot stove to make? Just for one second!?”

That sure did shut us up.

I let out an anger filled sigh and asked my buddy Brian to pass the salt. “Sure thing Jimmy” he replied. “That was interesting…” mumbled my other friend Zack. His girlfriend-Mia-punched him lightly in the ab and give him a ‘Shut up and eat your meatloaf’ glare. He smirked at her and pecked her on the forehead.

“Wow, Mia. You’ve out done yourself tonight” smiled the devilish girl I was arguing with a few moments ago. She was at least 5’7 with long chocolate brown hair. She was a pale faced girl, but her eyes were a deep brown; wild and reckless. She had a labret like me and full sleeves. If I didn’t detest her so much I’d admit she was really quite pretty (hint; IF). She was slim like me and had long legs that hid under a pair of skinny jeans.

“Aw thank ya Eve. At least SOMEONE appreciates it.” Mia said, sticking her tongue out at us.
“I LOVE your cooking!” smiled her older brother Matt. They loved each other more than anything in the world. They were so close it was insane! Most of the time they were with each other; and of course with that crazy best friend of hers- Eve. They’ve been best friends since grade school; which means we hang out with her a lot. Ever since the first day we met I didn’t like her. I don’t know how Mia, Matt and Zack could stand her! She was so sinister, and hated to be wrong. It was hard to avoid a mine field with that kid.

“I’m full!” smiled Johnny as he rubbed his stomach in small circles. He closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. I smirked at him and volunteered to help clean up the table. All of us (besides Johnny) grabbed something off the table and headed for the kitchen. I helped Brian clean the dishes and put them in the dish washer to soak.

“Jimmmmbboo!” Mia sang. “Come outside, or all the beer will be gone.”

I grinned and strolled out to the porch where my friends were sitting. I took spot next to Zack and he offered me a beer which I accepted, of course. It was a couple hours later that all hell broke loose.

THAT’S INCORRET, THAT’S INCORRECT, THAT’S INCORRECT!” She screeched at me, grinding her teeth and tightening her fists.

“YOU’RE INCORRECT!” I shriek back clinching my beer bottle in my hand. “There is no FUCKING way in HELL that you can see the equator!"

“How do YOU KNOW!? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THERE!? NO you have NOT. So when you go, take pictures of the equator so we can laugh at you for being a DUMB ASSSSSS.” Eve roared back. You could see the flames fill up in her eyes as she shouted back at me.

I gripped my forehead and tried my best to calm down. “NO. But only someone as stupid as you could THINK they saw it.” I growled at her, struggling to make my eyes look as fierce as her’s.

That made her mad; and I mean HELLA mad. She stood there like a bomb waiting for the last tic to set her off; and I was that last tic.

“Little twit.” I mumbled under my breath.

“WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?!” hollered Eve. She took her little red cup containing her beer and chucked it at my head and hit me right in the middle of my forehead. She grabbed her jacket, snatched a frightened Mia’s hands and heaved her to the car where they drove off.

“I guess this would be a bad time to tell you Eve is coming on tour with us….” Johnny murmured.