How Can We Fight When I'm Too Busy Loving You?

Four

THEY LEFT US? THEY ACTUALLY LEFT US.” Eve screeched, flapping her arms in angry.

I rubbed my forehead and looked out to the road, hoping the bus would reappear. But of course it did not. I sighed because I left my cell phone on the bus and wasn’t even sure if Eve had her’s, or if she would get some service.

“I’m calling them, one sec Jimmy.”

I snapped my head towards her. “You called me Jimmy.”

“Well that’s your name.”

“You didn’t insult me for once.”

She glared at me while holding her phone to her ear but before she could break that record Mia picked up.

“Heeyyyy!” Mia answered. I heard some random noises from Zacky and Brian in the background.

“Oh hi best friend ever! How’s the bus ride goin’?”

“Pretty good, pretty good. Matty’s driving”

“So you uh-forget something?”

“Uhh none that I kno-HOLY SHIT! You and Jimmy are still at the rest stop!”

“Yes, yes we are. So you better turn that piece of shit RIGHT back around or your ass is mine, got that?”

“We’re coming right now!” and with that Eve hung up on her.

“Is this the first time this has happened?” she said, cocking her head to my direction.

I shook my head no and asked her if she’d like to wait inside again. I actually wanted to talk to her more, which sounds pretty strange to me. But it was true and there was no denying it. She shrugged and just strolled back inside with me trailing right behind her. We sat ourselves down in the same spot we were in before. She ruffled her hair, and shot glances everywhere but at me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked blankly.

She stared at me for a few seconds until she answered my question. “I don’t like being places alone. So I just I’m just…”

“Just what?” I smirked.

“Just happy I’m not alone.” Eve sighed in defeat. She shot more glimpses at people before looking me in the eye and saying “What are you afraid of?”

“Spiders. I hate them.”

She chuckled to herself. “Yeah they are pretty gross.”

Before I knew it we were racking about all different subjects like favorite foods, movies, cars, everything. We had an amazingly large amount of things in common. Her laugh made me laugh and my laugh made her laugh even more. We were discussing good tv shows when Mia rushed into the rest stop calling our names.

“Mia!” I called.

Eve waved her over and we both got up from the table to walk over to her. She explained how sorry she is and how bad she felt that they left without us. “I’m surprised that you two didn’t kill each other yet.”

Eve snorted and looked at me over her shoulder. “Now there’s a good idea!” She sized me up, and skipped away to the tour bus.

I was stunned. After all we went through today she’s going to act like it never even happened?

When I got back on the bus I hurried to my bunk and flipped to the side facing the wall. I needed to sleep off the hurt I felt, and to figure out a new way to get her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are niiiceee.