Wolf Girl

The Talk

Max stared back at the road before I got the chance to tell him to. There was silence except for the purring of the engine. I hadn’t been with Max for a while. He was always busy. I was never busy, I had to much free time. The silence started to annoy me. I didn’t like being silent. Max didn’t too. He was always talking or moving around. I knew that he just wanted to break the silence. Then I heard him sigh.

“So did you sleep well last night” he said.

He was trying to get me talking, trying to break the silence but why did he have to ask that. If I told him he would worry about me. But I couldn’t lie to him.

“No I didn’t” I replied.

“Why.” He seemed worried. I could tell from the tone of his voice.

“I had a nightmare. It scared me and I screamed. My dad said that I woke the whole street up.”

“What happened in your dream?”

“I don’t want to tell you. You will laugh.”

“I promise I won’t” He smiled at me. “You can trust me.”

“Ok.”

I stared at my hands and then started to explain about the dream. I said about the forest and the darkness. When I heard a sound and saw something shoot past me. About the blood dripping on my shoulder. The blood thirsty vampire with red eyes and the way it pounced on me. When I finished I expected him to laugh. But he didn’t. I started at him and he seemed to be thinking about something.

“What are you thinking about?” I said.

He suddenly looked straight at me. “Noting” he replied a bit shocked.

“Oh ok.”

Something was bothering him. But what. He wouldn’t tell me. It must be a big secret that he was trying to hide. There was silence again. I was the one to break it this time.

“So what have you been up to? I haven’t seen you out of school in a while.”

“Not much.”

“How’s your dad.” His dad was at a special home now. He was being looked after. Max didn’t want him to go. He said that he could look after him just fine. He had been for 10 years. But the doctors said no and took him away. Max had been living alone now for 3 years.

“He’s ok.”

“Well next time you see him tell him that I said hi.”

“Ok I will.”

I looked outside to see that we were at school. Max parked in his usual spot and turned the car engine off. The purring suddenly stopped. He got pt of the car and so did I. Max seemed quite lately, like something bad had happened and he couldn’t tell anyone. I wondered what was wrong with him. Then the bell suddenly rang.

“I will see you at lunch” Max said.

“Ok.”

“Bye Jess.”

“Bye Max.”

Then he walked off to class. I watched him walking away from me. There was defiantly something wrong with him, and I was going to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy
next chapter will be done soon