A Twist In My Story

One.

"Courtney?"

"Ugh...no."

"Madelyn?"

"Gay!"

"Lissa?"

"Any others?"

"Willow?"

"Isn't that a tree?"

"Lauren?"

"No...I use it way too much."

"Rose?"

"Ew! No!"

"HEY! That's my name!"

"Yeah, I know."

"What about Annabelle?"

"No! That's my name."

"Yeah, I knew."

"Ugh..."

"Why not Bella?"

"Fine!"

We'd been sitting there in my room talking when I'd brought up my new story with Rose, my best friend. She had listened to me rant being amazingly quiet and still for her. I had to actually check and see if she was breathing. I brought up the fact that I couldn't think of a name for the main character. The first thing out of her mouth was 'Bella'. I didn't like how close it was to my name, and plus it's really popular right now anyway. I tried to stay away from popular names. I refused it a few times while she was shooting names at me.

But after around a half an hour of going through names...I had to say yes, just to make her stop.

"Now what about the guys?" She asked already deep in thought.

"Actually...I already had some of the names..." I said quietly knowing she didn't want to know.

"Names like what?" She asked curiously.

"Uhmm...Blake and Aidan."

"Ew! I guess you can keep Blake, but I get to choose the other three!" She said excitedly.

Rolling my eyes I muttered, "Fine, Miss Bossy Pants."

"How about Kayden?"

"Uhm...no."

Here me go again.

"Ace?"

"Ick."

"Alex?"

"Maybe."

"Really?"

"No."

"Jerk...How about Arty!?"

"Uhmm...godess right?"

"Oh...yeah."

"Uhm, what about-"

"I'm picking remember!"

"Gr."

"Baine?"

"Oo! Me likey!"

"Woo! Uhm, Vladimir?"

"What is that, Italian?"

"No it's Russian you tard!"

"Oh."

"Breckan?"

"That one sounds nice!"

"Well, duh."

"Jerk."

"Bry?"

"Like Bryan?"

"No, just Bry."

"That's weird..."

"I know."

"Does that mean you're done?"

"Nope. Kado?"

"Dog?"

"Bark?"

"Haha, very funny."

"I'm being dead serious."

"Uhh..."

"Colten, Colin, Carson?"

"Colin."

"Me too. Dalton, Denton, Braden?"

"Braden."

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

"You don't sound very enthused."

"I'm not."

"Why not?"

"I didn't like any of them."

"Then why'd you ask?"

"I don't know. Harley?"

"That one's okay."

We kept going, and going, and going, and going. I was pretty much dead byt he time she stopped. It didn't help that I kept interupting, but I couldn't help it. We had ended up with way over what we needed.

We had: Baine, Blake, Harley, Braden, Sebastian, Sheldon, Shae, Shadow, Silas, William, Keagan, Zaine, and somehow Kado. How she knew so many names I had no clue, but she did.

She had, had to leave before me could pick out the final four. I was afraid she'd get rid of all the good names and leave me with the ones like Kado.

I went to bed a little after she had left and fell asleep almost instantly. I remember thinking about how awesome my story would end up being before I had passed out. But now that I think about it again. It wasn't as good as it could have been.