A Twist In My Story

Ten

I didn’t remember passing out, but I guess I had because that had to have been a dream. When I opened my eyes I was lying down, which I found funny because I doubted there had been enough room in that stupid cage, and it was weirdly soft and warm. Maybe someone had been thrown in here with me and I decided to use him as a pillow. I had to still be in the room, it was way to dark to be anywhere else.

“I didn’t think, I was asleep!” I heard a familiar voice say from the hall. He was trying to be quiet, but in reality he might as well have been yelling.

“Shut up, she’s still sleeping.” I heard yet another familiar voice muter. If they were talking about me they were a bit uninformed. I reached up and found I was under a blanket. Maybe Kado had grown a heart.

I knew I was in a bed now, but when had they removed me from the chamber?

“Actually…”

“Stay out of this Silas.” I knew that one too.

Why would they move me anyway? They had already established my importance. Someone would have saved me by now.

Wait. Silas?

They found me!

It mustn’t have been a dream. Who had went in to get me though? I couldn’t put a name to the voice.

“Why should I?” Silas yelled, I probably would have too.

“Shut up!” I heard one of the yell in a whisper.

“Guys?” I tried to say. It came out in a small whispered moan.

“See what I was trying to say was…” Silas tried again.

“She’s awake.” Monotone.

That was the same voice as the dream. It was the same voice without any emotion. I think I had hurt him in thinking he would hurt me. I felt sorry now. I hadn’t really meant it.

“I’m sorry.” I tried to get out, but it was silent. I heard the door open and I realized my eyes had been closed all along. First through the door was Silas and I couldn’t see his face, but if I could see his face I’m sure it’d be red.

“Don’t be sorry.” He mumbled. “It’s not like you knew Kado was going to practically steal you from under…”

“Shut up Silas.” It was the mono-tone voice again. I realized sadly that it was Blake. I shook my head slightly, that wasn’t what I meant.

“No, for…” I barely got it out before Blake looked up and I stopped.

“I know Anna. I know. It’s okay.” I realized that it had been him who had gone to save me. Who had found me and that I had been scared of.

I remembered how I had thought I hated him. The fun-loving him wasn’t so bad. This was the side I hated.

“I’m still sorry.” It wasn’t there though, I didn’t know why I was so weak. I thought it was stupid.

“You need to eat something.” I heard Will say from the back. I closed my eyes again and shook my head. I wasn’t hungry, I wanted to sleep. I don’t think it mattered if I woke up either.

“No Anna, you have to.” Blake said almost threateningly. Almost.

“I’m…tired.” I said trying not to yawn. My throat hurt and it hurt to speak, so I stopped.

“You haven’t eaten in a long time. You need to…” I cut whoever it was off by shaking my head. All of their voices seemed to be the same now and I was sure that if I opened my eyes everything would be spinning. I could feel my heart beat through out my body as it slowed its pace.

“No, Anna…” I heard one say.

“Stay awake.” It could have been the same one and I would have never noticed. In fact it could’ve been.

I tried to say something, but I couldn’t even remember what it was and it sounded funny to me anyway. I could feel my heart beat slower and slower as I felt myself drifting or maybe that was someone picking me up. All I could feel was pain and I could hear faint yells.

Mostly all I could hear was ‘Anna’, but I couldn’t be sure.

Soon I could feel my body numbing, but there was always that faint throbbing that followed along with my heart beat.

Randomly I noted the way everything around me weaved into my shallow breathing sounded like a rough lullaby.

I wanted to sleep so badly, but something kept me awake. Something kept me alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, haven't posted in what feels like forever, but I've been putting more time into finishing my other story, The Dead Town[which you need to check out!], and kinda sorta forgotted about this one. Ooops.

Don't hurt me!

I'd like to say something meaningful to the four(?) people who read this...
but it's late and I'm seriously dead.

As in tired.

Gr.

I'll post again...when I wake up.

A.K.A. in about nine hours.

Chao-
Zorro-guchi

P.S. -
I ran out of languages. Which is screwy...