A Twist In My Story

Twelve.

Silas's P.O.V.

We had only just gotten to the hospital and I watched in fear as Blake ran through the emergency doors holding a limp Anna in his arms. I knew how he must feel.

I’m not saying it out loud, but it really was his fault. He had been asleep when Kado quietly broke into the house. He had gotten tied up and Anna had nearly died.

She didn't really help when he tried to make things right though. She had ended up making it way worse. She had thought he was going to hurt her. Blake had mumbled something about I when he had gotten home and we asked how it went.

He hadn't told us he was going to find her, in fact he only said that he had a date.

Now as I sit here watching him pace back and forth in the waiting room. He had this worried expression plastered to his face that out did all of ours put together. He still blamed himself.

A few days later Anna woke up, but it was only for a few minutes and she was so confused. She practically had a panic attack before they put her back out. Some doctor, that seemed to know her, told us she probably wouldn't’t remember that when she woke up the next time.

The way he had sounded though when he said next time, it made us all know she was going to be okay. That she would wake up.

One day Will called us out of her room where we had been watching Anna sleep. Creepy right? Not really, not if you were in our position.

Anyway he said we had to talk about something and had said it had something to do with Anna so in the beginning we’re all like ‘OMG did something happen that we missed?’ Turns out he wanted to talk about something I never wanted to happen ever. Judging by Blake’s reaction I’m guessing he didn’t like it much either. Baine didn’t seem to notice our reactions though as he sat down and asked ‘why?’

“I for one don’t want to force her to stay with us. We seem to be putting her into quite a bit of danger.” Will said, “That’s why.”

Blake didn’t seem to like the danger part at all, yet he didn’t agree with William.

“If we just let her go home, then she will be in even more danger!” He yelled and then quieted down no doubt noticing all of the looks he was getting us. “If we bring her home, Kado will be there waiting. He knows where she lives.”

“We’ll watch her house. If he comes close we will stop him.” Will said defending his idea. He had obviously thought this threw a few times.

“Yes, because we can really kill him.” Blake said sarcastically.

None of us had expected what Baine said next. “But she can.”

“She cannot. I’m not letting him close enough…” Blake said. He was glaring daggers at his seemingly albino brother. I needed to break in again.

“But he’s right Blake. She can do it, we just need to get her ready.” Blake went to say something, but I stopped him by cutting him off. “Just think about it. Then he’ll be gone and we’ll never have to worry about him again.”

He only nodded and Will sent me a look that clearly said ‘thank you’.

Around two days later, it was hard to keep track when you barely did anything, Anna woke up again and this time she stayed awake.

Just as Baine walked back through the door after getting something to eat she opened her eyes and then closed the tightly again.

“Anna?” He asked quietly and she look confused for a moment.

“Is she awake?” Blake asked. He had been very out of it for around a week now. I was still surprised when he asked.

“I doubt it.” Will asked too, he sounded out of it too. Yet he had been sleepy and might have been asleep.

“Of course she is!” I said slightly loudly still surprised at how they could all be so clueless.

“Anna?” Baine asked again. She seemed to get that confused look again, but it passed when she obviously understood. For a second I desperately wanted to know what she was thinking. I would give anything to be Kado right now.

If you listened closely you could hear Anna mumble something that sounded almost like ‘hello’.

“Shh..” Will whispered being overprotective. Anna nodded getting that confused look, again.

I hopped over to the light switch to turn off the lights. I opened the curtains slightly so that there was still a bit of light, but not near as much as there had been.

“Don’t move either.” Blake muttered not joking yet she stuck her tongue out at him anyway. I watched as she slowly opened her eyes. She blinked quite a few times before excepting the amount of light that was being let in.

I moved to go move the curtains some more, but Blake stopped me.

“You really should have just eaten something.” Will muttered then said ‘So Blake wouldn’t feel so guilty.’ Under his breath. Blake didn’t like it though because he reached over and hit him in the back of the head.

I watched as Anna’s facial expression changed to reflect guilt and I shook my head slightly. She shouldn’t be guilty.

When she closed her eyes we all fought for the chair in front of her. Seeing how big it was I pushed Blake into it and then sat on one of his knees and squeezed Baine into he space between the edge of the chair and Blake’s side. He didn’t quite fit and I know that Blake would probably never forgive me. Will sat lightly on both of their laps and I laughed quietly at how we did this all before she even opened her eyes.

She looked surprised when she opened her eyes, but she also seemed a bit iffy. She had a question.

She laughed quietly as she took out position in. I felt Blake relax a bit from underneath me.
Then she took a deep breath and quietly said, “Are you going to let me go home?”

We had decided we wouldn’t tell her we were watching if she wanted to go home.

I felt Blake tense up and I sighed.

“Yes, yes you are.” I said. “If that’s what you want.”

I couldn’t exactly read her expression, but it only made Blake tense up even more. Something I had recently thought impossible.

“What if I don’t exactly…” I could tell every one was tense as she answered slowly. “I just wan to be with my friends, but I don’t trust myself alone.”

I smiled slightly at what she was getting at. She wanted both options. Something we hadn’t even thought she would come up with.

“What if I want the best of both worlds?” She asked quietly still iffy on her decision.

“Then we’d have to come up with a new plan.” I said quietly trying not to let on how happy I was.

Blake was still tense, but I could tell it was for entirely different reasons.

I smiled and couldn’t stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
haven't posten in a while.... I'll post 13 soon.