A Twist In My Story

Thirteen.

I've been home for a week and already changes are becoming aparent. Yeah, they didn't let me go home...

I had moved into an appartment only a bit away from my friends and school... my old life. They had something like a gym in the basement and there was always someone at my side.

Okay... maybe not always. I could be in the bathroom alone, but that's it.

I've found it hard to sleep, though it wasn't exactly because I wasn't tired, or the person watching from the corner. Honestly I think I'd feel better being monitored by a camera, but I wouldn't say anything. The reason was because I was afraid. I was afraid that if I lulled myself into a sense of false safety, maybe something would happen. If I wasn't alert enough to call out to the boys...

I didn't want to go there.

I hadn't talked to my friends in what felt like years, and I can only assume they'd forgotten about me. It would be less of a danger right?

Maybe people thought of me as dead. From betrayal? Or accident?

I had to stop thinking so I turned to the person watching me at the moment. Baine.

"Baine. Are you albino?" I asked curiously. He never talks to me and I had always wondered.

"No."

"Will you talk to me?"

"No."

"You just did." I muttered and he only shrugged. I was supposed to be sleeping but tonight was different, I was wide awake and I couldn't sleep even if I tried. Will seemed to be avoiding me and I needed to know why... even if he wouldn't tell me himself.

Smiling I jumped off of the high bed and opened the door into a narrow hallway. Blake was sitting at the couch pretending to watch TV and I could hear Silas moving around in the kitchen. Perfect.

I snuck into the kitchen, knowing full well that Blake and Baine could hear me anyway.

"Hey Silas." I whispered. Trying to find a weak point with the vampire sitting in the other room, I tested his hearing. "Did you know that Blake was mentally retarded?" Silas laughed and I heard something move in the other room.

Okay... if I was barely whispering and he heard me then how was I supposed to get it past him. Blake doesn't let me into the little circle they've created. He calls it 'protecting me'.

Yeah I think ignorance is bliss, but how am I supposed to help myself without knowing...?

"Yeah, I knew that." Silas said quietly, he looked up to meet Blake's blazing eyes in the doorless doorway. Blake had become a bit... touchy.

"I am not." Blake said before deciding I was kidding, rolling his eyes, and then going back to the TV wearing an emotionless look on his face. I almost laughed, but held back because it wasn't really supposed to be funny.

"Silas... can we go for a walk?" I asked. It was the only way I could think of to ask all of the things I wanted to know. When he nodded I nearly jumped for joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Titles French by the way.

I haven't posted any in forever.
Have you ever noticed how weird of word forever is? I'm pretty sure you can say things and split them up I just haven't mastered the art of it yet.

Now that I've thoroughly confused myself I shall.. leave.