A Twist In My Story

Fourteen.

As we hit the cracking pavement and looking out to the empty, dark street I couldn't find the words to ask the questions I have wanted answers to so badly.

"Why am I here?" That didn't sound right.

"You wanted to walk... we can go back?" Silas said thoroughly confused.

"No I mean... oh nevermind." I gave up on one and moved to the next akward question. "Why doesn't Baine talk to me?"

"Baine's just weird... he's been... detached since you got here." Silas said trying to choose his words carefully. I looked at my feet and stopped moving. Baine was like that because of me... not just to me. "No... not like that Anna." Silas said quietly after he noticed I stopped. He lifted my chin up to meet his eyes again and I just about cried.

"Yeah, it is like that though isn't it." Silas only shook his head and took my head before he began walking again.

"Do you trust me?" He asked loudly.

Nodding I mumbled, "With my life."

"You shouldn't... I ran into a tree last time rememeber?" Then I got why he asked. I tried running away, but he caught up and flung me over his shoulder. I held back a scream and closed my eyes, burrowing my face into his shoulder.

"You're right. I don't trust you that much." I said after he set me down. I spun around and tried to pin point where we were. Silas had taken me to the park. My park.

I smiled before skipping over to the swings and getting high enough to where I could just sit there with my eyes closed. I felt like I was flying.

"I almost forgot." I mumbled. I heard a relaxed Silas mumble a 'mmm?' "Why is Will avoiding me?"

"Because we're supposed to be doing something with you, but none of us really want to." He said I could feel him swinging next to me. "I take that back... Baine probably wants to get started." I could almost hear him rolling his eyes.

"What kind of stuff?" I said waving away the comment on Baine and just going into the important part.

"Training you. Making sure that if... why am I telling you this." His swing stopped moving and I opened my eyes.

"Making sure what?" I asked. My legs stopped swinging and Silas refused to speak. "Silas. You have to tell me." I mumbled looking at the ground that was moving less and less by the minute.

I was digging my toes into the ground before he finally said somthing. "I wasn't supposed to tell you anything."

"You did. Now you have to tell me the rest." I said quietly.

He hesitated before telling me. "So you're ready for an attack... if Kado..." He paused. "Look, none of us can kill Kado. There's this rule and it's just not a good idea. But you can. So it you do..." He left the rest for me to figure out.

It wasn't that hard considering he had basically told me then entire plan.

"It's a good idea..." I said before pausing, trying to rearragne my thoughts before opening my mouth again. "but how am I supposed kill someone that strong?"

"We're working on it Anna, we are." Silas said before continuing slowly. "Besides after you break the curse we'll all be free and you'll..."

Silas stopped seeing the look on my face. He knew he had said way too much.

Next thing I know he's taken off up the street. I tried to follow him, but he;s mainly a blur.

"SILAS!" I screamed after him. "SILAS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET HOME!?" I sat down. I shouldn't have pushed for information. I would have found out eventually a little time wouldn't have killed me.

"Poor, poor Bella." It was a voice I hadn't often heard, yet found familiar enough. Quite frankly the sound sent shivers running up and down my spine.
♠ ♠ ♠
OoOoOo! Who's it going to be?!

I bet it's not...

----ZG

P.S.
Titles in Traditional Chinese