A Twist In My Story

Fifteen.

An extremely cold hand found it's way around my mouth and I fought to get away from the too-strong arms. Tears were already streaming down my face and only two thoughts made their way apparent in my mind.

'Is he betraying us?' and 'What have I done?'

"You two are so cute together. Though it does make my brother quite jealous." Baine mumbled in my ear. "It took me forever to get him to stay behind." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but he only help me tighter. I could feel bruises already forming and his hand was so tight around my mouth I could hardly even wimper.

My eyes were blurred due to tears and I hated Baine more than anything.

"I was going to hand you over to Kado... but this is just too amusing to pass down." Baine said. I could now picture him as Kado sadistic side-kick, though I would never utter a word like that to him. That would be asking for pain.

I stopped moving and was tempted to stop breathing too. I was against a tree in the blink of an eye and I tried to concentrate on what Baine was telling me.

"They're coming. Someone." He was staring out at the street we were hidden from. Looking back at me he fed me a story. "You were out here after Silas left and you were crying because you got abandoned. Kado comes along and tries to get to you, but I get there first and save you. That is the story and we are sticking to it." He let go of my mouth.

"Any objections?" I shook my head frantically.

"Good. Now there won't be a word of this to anybody... right?" I nodded quickly before turnign to look at the street. I could see Silas searching for me. Baine must have covered my scent.

"Fall into me." He whispered. I did as he did only hesitating a little. He sensed that and grabbed my arm a little too tightly before picking me up bridal style and carrying me towards Silas. "Play dead." He practically mouthed.

I became limp in his arms as he walked slowly to Silas.

"I found this." Baine said loudly enough for Silas to hear. "I also found another pest, but he's gone now." He said inferring that I had been harmed.

I had my eyes closed and my mouth felt slightly open though I tried to keep it shut.

As Baine told Silas his version of the story I contemplated how I would tell Will that Baine was a traitor. Tell Blake his brother can't be trusted. Tell Silas they were all lies.

I could almost imagine the guily look on Silas' face as I was transferred to his arms. "I'm sorry." He whispered near my neck. I couldn't stop the tear that fell then. I probably could never tell them. Not with Baine at my shoulder.

Watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm at school, and this keyboard sucks... so if there are mistakes PM me or something... I'd liket o fix them.

--ZG