A Twist In My Story

Sixteen.

It's been a week, an entire week.

A whole week since I'd last left the house, afraid of what would come after me. A week of me surrounding myself with people, too afraid of what would happen if Baine could get me alone. A week of ignoring everyone's questions and worried looks. A week of keeping my mouth closed. A week of nothing, but fear.

Baine stays close and watches my every move while Will tries to figure me out. Why I suddenly stopped talking altogether. Why Baine seemed more interested in me than before. I was almost too afraid to look Will in the eyes; I didn't want to risk him being able to read my expression. I dreaded the night it would be Baine's turn to watch over me.

That night, just so happened to be tonight.

"Annabelle? Can I speak to you?" Will asked quietly from across the couch. I nodded, looking down a my hands. I felt the tension build a bit in the room before Will said more. "I mean, alone?" He said. I looked quickly at him to see if the tone was aimed at me or the others in the room, namely Baine.

"You want me to leave?" Baine asked incredulously. How could they not see through his act. It made me frustrated just thinking about it and I had to refrain from hitting something or pulling my hair out. I could hear the falsity in his voice so well now, that it frightened me.

"Yes, Baine." Will said flatly, before moving how he sat on the couch. Quickly I shifted my eyes from his face to the floor and then to the wall in front of me. After a second or two of just staring blankly at the empty picture frame that hung there I look back down at my hands. I heard what I assumed to be Baine stomp out of the room and slam the door behind him. This wasn't good.

"Is this all what you had in mind when you wrote your story?" Will asked quietly. I shook my head slightly. I had meant for Baine to be the good guy for one. Everything happened to surprise me. Sure, Blake was almost always a dick and Will was certainly protective. Silas was just as silly and childish as I'd expected, but then Baine was supposed to be the opposite of his colored in brother. He was supposed to be good at heart.

And what happened to the 'mansion'? This house could be mistaken for an apartment. I was surprised to find that everyone actually had their own room. I guess this could be considered big, but it's definitely not what I'd initially imagined.

"Hang on I'll be back Anna." Will muttered before standing up and crossing the room in three long strides where he picked up a notebook and a pen. I smiled slightly, I should've known he wouldn't make me 'speak'. He handed both objects to me before sitting down again. "What really happened?" He barely whispered in my ear.

'You are suspicious of Baine aren't you? You should be.' I wrote too much of a coward to actually write more. He stole the pen from me and in a extremely neat handwriting he wrote a line beneath mine.

'That's why he's not here. You have to tell me what happened... I'm very sure Kado wasn't out that night.' I didn't have to look at his face to know the displeased look he was making right now.

'I think that Baine is Kado's side-kick. Undercover. Kado wasn't there. That's all I'm saying.' I wrote quickly before shoving the notebook and pen into Will's arms. I pulled my feet up onto the couch and held my knees close to my chest. I rested my forehead on my knees before gently rocking myself.

"It's fine." Will muttered still close to me before I felt him begin to gently rub circles into my back. I sighed and moved my head so I was looking at him. There was fire in his blue eyes and for once he actually looked menacing to me.

William does not like traitors, quite obviously.

I looked up slightly as the door burst open as Blake fell into the room and Silas landing on top of him. I looked at the Blake trying not to show any of the pity I had for him, we'd probably end up killing his brother. Silas flew backwards a ways as Blake shoved him away. I gave a small smile before turning my head to face the wall.

"Will, Baine's gone." Blake said with worry only hinting his voice. Yes, finding out about Baine would kill the poor guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
How long has it been??
Let's just say I had entirely abandoned this story and I thank the... what four of you?... who stayed subscribed. Quite honestly I've got no clues as to why you even read past the first few chapters. I for one hope I've begun to actually write better than I used to.

Tell me if you still like this story, I really don't find the point of writing something if no one is going to find entertainment or even just amusment in it.

Maybe I'm just really tired... seeing as it's two at night (in the morning?)

I must go now...*bows*