A Twist In My Story

Eighteen.

I stared silently at the ceiling. I was finally alone.

I was laying spread-eagle on my bed with my left arm bent at the elbow and swinging gently off one side of the bed and one foot bobbing off the edge. I smiled at the boring white ceiling in front of me as I went over the last few events.

Silas and Blake got into one of their signature fights, only this time I was in the way. Thank God that Will had the brains to pull me away before they hurled themselves at each other. I had my eyes closed in laughter basically as the two threw insults at each other as they fought cartoon style. Will had slid down against the wall to the floor next to me instead of trying to break up the fight for once. He'd sighed and mumbled something or rather about 'the good old days'.

I sighed to myself as I thought over everything.

How different all of these guys are and how each of them are so close to one another. Almost like brothers, but I didn't want to think about that. I thought about how light-hearted everything had seemed before Kado had come to ruin everything. How much I thought I hated Blake when I know that all he needed to do was be more carefree and not just bottle his emotions up. How silly and childish Silas could be and how thoughtful William was. How I had believed Baine's little act the whole time. How close I was becoming to these boys. It was almost too close.

I desperately wanted some music, but none was too be found within a three foot radius of me and I was too lazy to really move. I needed something to distract me because I knew that all this thinking couldn't lead me to anything good.

Then I began to think about what I left behind. My small, but close family. My best friend, Rose. Rose.

Oh God! Rose.

I flew up in the bed and ran over to a small backpack that said half toppled over in the corner of the room by the door. I dug through the bag not caring if it meant I would have a layer of clothes partially covering my floor. At the very bottom was a cord and a small rectangular, electronic device called a cell phone and it's charger. I sighed happily before turning to plug it in next to my bed.

I waited a few seconds before turning it on also. It started vibrating up a storm and I ended up just throwing it onto my bed and watching it go spastic for three minutes strait. After I thought it was done I cradled it in my hands as I scrolled through all the texts and missed calls I had.

Rose.

Rose.

Rose.

Rose.

Dad.

Rose.

Dad.

Mom.

Mom.

Dad.

Dad.

Rose.

I sighed as I found that all 50 of the texts in my overstuffed inbox were from Rose along with about half of the missed calls. Eventually my parents had given up on calling me figuring that I'd lost my charger or that my phone had actually broken or something because the last ten were from Rose alone. I checked my voice mail quickly also.

'Honey, where are you?' Delete.

'Annabelle where the Hell are you?! I swear to BOB that I've looked everywhere. Wh...' Delete.

'Anna... you really need to come home. Things aren't right.' Delete.

'Ay Bee, please just answer the damned phone!' Delete.

I was crying now and I wasn't even halfway through the messages. For a while I deleted the message before really hearing it, but towards the end there seemed to be a frantic-ness in Rose's voice that made me pay more attention.

'Anna! I'm not kidding around anymore. I swear something isn't right, but not only with you. Your brother's missing and your parents are so worried. The police stopped searching for you, they all think you're dead. I'm not crazy, you're there. I need to talk to you becau-' The message ended there. I cried a little harder. My brother was missing now? How had I missed that, how could I do this to the people that I love?

'Annabelle, I have this weird feeling in my gut, and don't tell me that it's just paranoia because I saw him!' I heard Rose's voice sobbing on the other end. 'I'm being watched.' That was a frantic whisper and in the background I could hear shuffling feet that were too far away to be her own. 'Please Anna! Please, just answer your phone! Please...' She was begging now, I could tell that she'd been crying for a while now and I could almost picture my best friend. I fell to my knees.

Apparently that had been loud enough to alert the guys.

The last message was from today, only four hours ago.

'ANNABELLE!!!' Rose screeched through the phone to me. 'Annie... I can see him. I can hear him. He's gonna get me, Anna! He's gonna get me! HELP!' Then there was and odd clicking sound and I could hear the shallow breathing of someone else.

'Hey Bella. If you want your precious friend to live I'd hope you'd surrender. At least consider it, love.' I shuddered at the cold voice, it had never sounded so evil or ruthless to me before.

Baine had crossed the line. I stood up and ran right into Blake, who looked worried as I flipped my phone open. I scrolled down the contacts as I walked down the hallways until I was outside standing by the curb. I hit the green 'send' button before turning around to see who all had followed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't posted for this in a while...
My computer got a virus and it took forever to get fixed. Luckily I got all of my stories saved. Unluckily Microsoft Word was one of the few things that got deleted.
Feedback = love.