A Twist In My Story

Twenty.

"That's a good girl." Baine muttered before clearing his throat. "First. You must get away from those three. I trust that by now you've told them?" Baine said and I could tell he was extremely displeased with what he already knew the answer was.

"Y-yeah... okay." I said trying to make myself sound more confident.

"Call me back when you've done that." Baine whispered softly. "PS... the clock is ticking..." And with that there was a metallic click that signalled he had hung up. I held the phone to my ear in shock as I tried to think of a plan to get away from the three who were so desperately trying to protect me.

"Anna, what was all of that? What did he say?" Blake asked urgently with both of his hands on my shoulders.

"That time was running out. That I need to make a decision and fast." I muttered before standing up trying to act like I was still in shock. I knew what I was going to do though, and I was going to try my hardest not to let them see through this shallow facade.

I'd never been one for lying.

"Where are you going?" Silas asked looking up at me. I avoided his eyes already knowing that they would be full of the emotions that would stop me from going through with my plan.

"I need to think."

"Oh yeah? And what about?" Blake asked obviously suspicious already. I sighed.

"I'm not quite sure yet." I looked at my feet as I walked past Will and gave him a low nod.

"Annabelle. Bella." He said. The second name made me look up at him. "Please, please don't do anything stupid." More tears gushed from my eyes as I took his words in and his glassy eyes. I gave another small nod and he nodded back at me.

Walking through the door to my room I let out a sniffle and rubbed at my eyes and then my nose. I'd have to play it cool until they really thought I was asleep, then I could climb out the window and try to land on my feet. It couldn't be too high.

Lying on the bed, silently and sneakily checking the clock on my phone, and playing 'asleep' whenever someone came in to check on me slowly made me wish I was really sleeping. The only thing that really kept my eyes open was the thought of Baine or Kado having my best friend or my family. That kept me wide awae for a few minutes before I had to entertain myself by checking my phone again.

I started to shift in the small bed, not wanting to waste so much time. I wanted to get out there; I needed to go find Rose and whoever else he'd managed to pick up. Yet, I knew that leaving now would just be a bad thing. If I left now, someone would end up following me and my plan would be turned upside down. I didn't want that to happen.

For a brief moment I wished that none of this had happened. That I'd never written that stupid story, that I'd never been noticed by this group of oddities. That I'd never left Rose in the first place. I wished that I was at home and this was all just one of those dreams that seems far to real. The kind of dream that you have once and never forget, the kind of dream that years later you wish would've been real.

The clock read 11:11 and I had around an hour left to go. I wished on the time foolishly thinking that the wild wishes and hopes and dreams would come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!