A Twist In My Story

Three.

I had finally gotten to sleep when I woke up again. I had probably slept most of the night, but woke up because I was thirsty, or something. But something was wrong.

I didn't move. I didn't move because it felt like someone was watching me. Staring at me, trying to bore a hole in the back of my head.

"Bella?" I heard an amazingly smooth voice ask. He wasn't that far behind me I could just hit him. Maybe he'd go away. It was worth a try.

When I swung around he only caught my arm though. I whimpered as he held my arm tightly. I knew it would bruise later.

"That's no way to act Bella, love." The way he used the word love made me jump. It was so familiar, but I didn't know exactly where I'd gotten it from or heard it before. But I knew it was somewhere.

"That's not my name." I said. My voice, surprisingly, wasn't shaking.

"Oh, but that's what you want me to think it is. Is it not?" He was speaking in that messed up way. The way you would expect the...

Kado.

"Ka-Kado?" I whispered my voice definitely wavering now. I heard him laugh and I could faintly see the smirk on his face.

"So you remember now?" He said, but it wasn't so much of a question as a statement. I had no clue what he was talking about, but that small fact didn't matter because before I knew it his hand was at my throat and I couldn't breathe.

"How do you know me?" He whispered in rage. I could tell he was silently fuming, but his hand was cold. Very cold. I started shivering.

I shook my head. I couldn't hold my breath much longer, he had to let go soon. He had to because if he didn't he wouldn't get the answers he came for. The answers he'd surely kill me for as soon as he'd heard them.

He let go quickly then repeated the question, as if I'd forgotten.

I gasped and sucked In a few deep breaths before I answered him.

"I don't know you." I rasped.

"Then how can you write of me?" He whispered accusingly at me.

"I didn't know you were real, it was my imagination." I whispered, finally getting a hold of my breathing.

He slapped me across the face before screaming, 'Liar!'

Maybe that's whet told him I was in trouble. Or maybe he had known for a while and was waiting for him to actually harm me, which was unlikely for him. Maybe he had been waiting for an answer himself, and maybe he was just walking past when he heard Kado yell. I'd never know what made him do what he did, but I could never thank him more.

He had probably just saved my life.