‹ Prequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Xmas

1/3 ; -

It was two days before Christmas day, and Gwen felt like she still had 25 things to do left, though no one had really given her the real task of organizing everything. But, Christmas was going to be spent in her apartment, and therefore, she was host, which she claimed. Luckily, she had Betty by her side, which could’ve represented some sort of knight in shiny armor at that point.

“NO, you don’t need that!”

“But… but, what if people want these special, exotic nuts, and then there won’t be any, and then I will let people down, and be the worst host ever,” Gwen cried out, holding a firm grip around the bag of unnecessary nuts.

“Are you retarded for real? It’s going to be you, me, Christian, Brendon, Sam, Matthew and little Katya. Is anyone of us capable of hating you?”

“I’m not really sure if Matthew ever got a good picture of m-.”

“Oh, shut the fuck up, you’re not buying those. Not good for your economy.”

“But just on-,” Gwen whimpered.

“NO.”

Gwen threw back the bag in the stand reluctantly and got dragged by Betty to the pay offices to get everything paid. Luckily, this was something everyone shared, putting in some money each. They ended up with several bags of groceries, to make the best Christmas-dinner ever, hopefully.

“Were we gonna meet up with Sammy now or what?” Betty asked, putting the last bag in the back of the car.

“No, no, no, I have to go get her Christmas present. I’m gonna give it to her tonight, so she’ll have it at home the whole day tomorrow, just to look at it, and long until she can open it at my place on Christmas day.”

“That’s the weirdest plan of a gift I’ve ever heard.”

“I know. I’ve got weird ideas.”

“What are you gonna get her?”

“She mentioned how much she loved M&M’s, you know, declared her love to it literally. So, that’s the base of my gift.”

“Nice thought. Now, what should I get Christian?” Betty said and desperately peeked though a window to a clothes store.

“A whip?”

“Oooohh, I bet he would love that.”

“I was serious,” Gwen said and snatched her shoulders. She opened the door to an art store, hoping to find something for someone. To her delight, the person she laid eye on was a familiar face. “Sara!”

“Oh, hi Gwen,” Sara shrieked, rushing to her for a hug and kiss on the cheek. She was a gorgeous blonde girl, with blue eyes, and everyone who guessed would be right; she was from Sweden. Gwen got to know her when she moved to town a few years back. She met her through Sammy at Benny’s a dark November night, and everyone was fascinated with the way she talked. “What are you up to?”

“I’m gonna get Sammy’s present done, a hell of a lot of M&M’s. I’m gonna leave it at her place tonight.”

“Sweetie, I think she’ll be really happy for that. She and Matthew are still together, right?”

“They haven’t broken up of what I know, and I talked to her this morning.”

“Alright, just checking, I was planning to get something for both of them together, and that’s the worst thing that could’ve happened. Let’s cross fingers that it won’t! And knock on wood. Break a leg or something.”

“Take it easy, Sara, I’m positive it won’t, so get your gift.”

“Marvelous. I have to get going now, to get everything done. We’ll run into each other someday soon, right?”

“Sounds like a date to me. Betty?”

Betty was busy deciding what colors would go well with a painting she had in mind of doing. You could think of it the nice way, but there was a depressed way as well.

“Black, grey and red,” Gwen said, “you didn’t think of anything colorful for this time of year?”

“I don’t feel like it would make Ian Curtis justice.”