‹ Prequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Xmas

2/3 ; -

“Gweeeeeen, it’s the day before Christmas!” Sammy shrieked in the telephone, sounding eager as a little child.

“I know, Santa is coming to town, and when talking about Santa; are you gonna help me with preparing for tomorrow?”

“You’ve got it. Meet me in town in 30 minutes?”

“Will never happen, because I’m still in bed, and it will take at least take me 30 minutes for me to be ready for going to town.”

“Alright, we’ll say 40 minutes then, but I’ll come in 50, because I know you’re always 10 minutes late.”

47 minutes later, Gwen was standing at the spot they had decided to meet up on, and 3 minutes later, Sammy was present, wearing a long, long warm scarf around her neck, with matching mittens.

“So, what are you gonna get today?” she asked, looking like a little elf.

“Just some stuff, and some quality-time with you. How much have you looked at the Christmas present?”

“Now and then I guess. I shook it too, that’s alright, right? It’s not something that’s going to break?”

“Nah, shake it as much as you would like.”

They made a quick stop at the grocery to get the necessary things that Gwen had realized she forgotten the day before, and the last gifts were to be take care of.

“What are the odds?” Gwen heard a familiar voice say from behind her.

“Hi Sara,” Sammy shrieked and threw her arms around her Swedish friend, “Merry Christmas!”

“I’d say the odds are pretty good since we actually live in the same town and the chance that we meet is good,” Gwen said.

“Alright, but it’s nice. Hey Sammy, what did you think of the M&M’s?” Sara asked, followed by Gwen making a terrified expression, shaking her head in distress.

“What M&M’s?”

“You know those you got from Gwen?”

“I haven’t gotten any from Gwen. Oh, now I get it.”

“Wait, so, you haven’t g-.”

“Thanks for spoiling it!” Gwen shrieked desperately.

“But I thought you were gonna give it to her yesterday to open directly, it wasn’t my intention.”

“She was gonna open it tomorrow, yes, but now there’s no going back. Well, done it done.”

“Relax Gwenny, I can act surprised for your sake, if you want to.”

“Yes, you will have to do that. Christmas will not be good if you don’t do that.”

“I’m sorry again,” Sara said and sounded truly pitiful.

“It’s alright; we found a solution for the problem quickly, which was most important. Now we can all go home and long until Christmas day comes with its grace.”

“Thank you, and you two, have a great Christmas, and we will see each other soon I hope, say hi to everyone from me.” Sara gave the two women a combined hug and hurried of to some lad that was waiting for her by the exit.

“Are we going to your apartment soon, or what?” Sammy asked impatiently.

“Yeah, I’m just gonna ponder a while about buying these nuts or not, and then we’re off.”