Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Thirteen

"Rayleigh, where were you?" Her mother asked when she walked into the house. She just turned and glared at her mother, and then, ignoring her, walked up the stairs to her bedroom. She slammed the heavy door shut and locked it. She then went to her desk and pulled out her old address book. She needed to call Papa Gates, but she couldn't remember Brian's parents' house number. That's why she'd kept the address book. It's where she'd kept everyone's house phone numbers. Their cell numbers had been programmed into her phone. She searched through every single number for ten minutes, because she didn't keep them organized alphabetically, and finally found it taped to the back on a faded pink piece of paper. She typed the number in on her cell, put the address back into it's hiding spot. She walked into the bathroom and locked the door. She turned the shower on, and pushed send on her phone. She waited for a minute, and felt relieved when she heard Brian's mother pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Suzie?" She asked Brian's mother, who'd treated her like a daughter for as long as she could remember.

"Oh, Ray! It's so nice to hear from you!" The woman exclaimed lovingly. "How have you been, dear?"

"Not too good, Suzie. I hate it here." She muttered. She knew Suzie understood her homelife.

"Oh, it'll get better when you're eighteen. Then you can move in here." Suzie said. "That's been the plan since forever."

"I know, Suzie. Thanks." She said, smiling.

"I assume you want to talk to Papa Gates, too?" She asked, chuckling.

"Yeah. I got Brian into a real mess, and Matt too. I need to get them out." Rayleigh sighed.

"It'll be okay, sweetie." Suzie reassured her.

"That's what Brian told me, too."

"Then it must be true." Suzie smiled. Rayleigh nodded.

"Is that Ray on the phone?" She heard Papa Gates ask in the background.

"Yes. Hang on. Bye, Ray. Hang in there. We're always here if you need us." Suzie said.

"Bye, Suzie." She told the woman who'd been the only real mother-like figure she'd had.

"Ray?" She heard Papa Gates' voice. She smiled.

"Yes, it's me." She replied.

"How have you been, kid?" He asked her affectionately.

"Not too bad. My parents are like dictators. The usual, I guss."

"You can always crash here." He told her.

"I know. I'm planning on coming over there when I turn 18." She told him.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He told her.

"You need to talk?" He asked her.

"Yeah. Brian said you have something that could get us all out of this pickle."

"Oh, that. Yeah, I still have it." He agreed.

"Can I come by tonight and get it? I'm afraid for them while they're in there." She whimpered.

"Yeah, sure." He told her warmly.

"I'll see you later." She said. "Bye, Papa Gates."

"Bye, sweetie. Take care, now." He told her, hanging up the phone. She put the phone back in her hiding spot after she turned it off, in her shirt in a concealed pocket, and then dunked her head in the shower, getting her hair wet. She turned the shower off, and then stepped back into her main bedroom, where she plopped down on the bed.

"Rayleigh Anne Coslov, open this door right this instant!" Her father's voice bellowed. She rolled her eyes.

"Obviously if you're not willing to knock down the goddamn door, you don't want to talk to me." She replied. She heard her mother's voice.

"Leave her alone, Richard." She said softly. Her eyes widened. Why was her mother sticking up for her? She'd never done so in the past. At least, not that Rayleigh could remember. She shook the feeling, coming to the conclusion that she was trying to manipulate her daughter.

"No. This is our house, and I've had enough of her obnoxious attitude!" Her father yelled again, pounding the door. It only took a few hits before the door was open, and Rayleigh stood up off her bed.

"Get out of my room. Now." She demanded.

"You will start respecting us!" Her father yelled.

"You have to earn my respect." She told her father.

"No, when you were born, I earned that respect. I brought you into this world, and by God, I can--" Her father started. Her mother cut him off.

"Stop it, Richard!"

"Get out of the way, Abigail. She's going to learn her lesson."

"You can't make me do anything." Rayleigh said. "What are you going to do, hit me?"

"Don't!" Her mother screamed. "Just...just stop! Richard, leave her alone!"

"I've had it with her, Abby." Her father told her mom.

"You can't stop me from being with him." Rayleigh stated. Her father glared at her, and her mother stepped between them.

"Don't you dare." She told her husband. He just shoved her out of the way, causing to hit her head on Rayleigh's nightstand. Without looking, Rayleigh realized that her mother was unconscious.

"What did you just say?" Her father whispered darkly.

"I said, 'You can't stop me from being with him.'" She told him, bracing herself for what she knew was coming. He hit her in the face, causing her to fall onto her bed.

"You'll learn your lesson one way or the other." He spat at her, starting to undo his pants.

"I wouldn't if I were you." She threatened. He rolled his eyes and laughed, continuing what he was doing. It was now that she was glad that Matt had insisted he teach her how to defend herself against guys, and she kicked him in the balls. Taking her opportunity, she ran out of the room, down to the foyer. Without a look back, she ran to her car and drove down the driveway, leaving her family in the dust. She drove to a 711 that was a fair distance away from the Haner residence, and from there started walking, not wanting her father to be able to trace where she'd gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got mad just writing this chapter. Thanks for all the comments! They're awesome.