Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Sixteen

"Long time no see, Rayleigh."

"Adam?!" She exclaimed happily, running into the man's arms. He smiled and hugged her back.

"Uh...who's he?" Brian asked confusedly. "She hugs him no problem. Me, it takes jail to get her to hug me."

"Oh, sorry. This is--" Rayleigh started. Matt finished her sentence.

"Adam's her older brother. Estranged from the family." He told Brian. "He was kicked out when Rayleigh was six or seven."

"Yeah. Anyways, I heard through the grapevine that you guys are planning on leaving. That true, Ray?" He asked her, his voice concerned.

"Who told you that?" Rayleigh asked, shocked. "We weren't planning on leaving."

"Nah. She's gonna stay at my place." Brian told him. Adam nodded.

"She's told me a lot about you, Brian. And I have to admit that while I am pissed that you just ignored her for three years of her life, she really did want to be with you." Adam said. "But as her brother, if you mess with her like that again, jail may be the safest place for you."

"I get it, I get it." Brian said. "I'd say the same thing if some guy messed with McKenna the way I messed with Ray. And I am sorry about it. But what's the past is the past, and I can't erase it. I just hope you'll forgive me, Ray."

"I forgive you, Bri. But we need to figure this all out." Rayleigh told him.

"I also heard that Dad hired a hitman on you." Adam stated. She looked at him, and nodded.

"Yeah. He did. That's how I got these two out of jail."

"Huh?" Adam asked. "Ray, that doesn't make sense."

"He called me, because I was pretending to be a hitman." Matt said. "And then he called but me and Brian recorded the phone call, so that was proof that her father had been planning on hiring a hitman."

"Oh. I see." Adam nodded. Just then, a cop car pulled up, and her father was pulled from the backseat. She saw him, and instinctively hid behind Matt and Brian. Adam stood in front of her as well. He saw his daughter, and smiled.

"You little bitch!" He yelled across the parking lot. The police were forced to keep him restrained. "I'll make sure you get what's coming to you!"

"Hello...Dad." Adam spoke coolly. He glared at his son.

"You too, you pathetic excuse of sperm and egg." Their father spat viciously. She hid her face in Brian's back, and he placed his hand on her thigh to calm her down.

"Come on, get a move on." The policemen said, dragging Richard into the jail. Brian turned around and looked down at Rayleigh, who was shaking.

"I'll make everything okay, Ray. I promise." He said sadly.

"I trust you, Brian." She nodded, hugging him and putting her head on his chest. Adam made a fake puking sound.

"You're an awesome brother, Adam. But keep the sound effects to yourself." She smiled.

"Let's get over to Brian's house." Adam said. "We gotta figure out how to get you out of this mess safely."
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter, I know. But I have to head to work, and if I keep typing it will turn into a really long chapter and I'll be late. So I'll put up part 2 later tonight.