Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Thirty-Five

"Hello, Rayleigh. Long time, no see."

"What are you doing here?" Rayleigh asked fearfully through gritted teeth, moving behind Brian, who'd stood up protectively.

"Well, you are my only daughter, Rayleigh. The police agreed to, let me out for your wedding."

"You're not invited." She spat.

"I'm calling the cops." Val said boldly, pulling her cell phone out and dialing the police. Rayleigh's father laughed coldly.

"It won't do you a bit of good, dear. They're a little tied up at the moment." He said.

"Ahh, Abigail. How have you been? It's been too long." He told Rayleigh's mother, putting his hand on her cheek. She swatted it away.

"Get your hands off me, Richard." She said venomously. Matt walked up to him and stood in his face.

"Get out of here right now." He said darkly. "Before I decide to do something about it."

Richard laughed. "I hate to ruin a good party, but would everyone kindly leave? I have some things I'd like to discuss with my intermediate family."

"Richard, you're not wanted here." Gordie said, standing up. Richard may have been his brother, but he'd seen the immediate effect his presence had done to his neice, and he wasn't having it.

"How about we try this again. Men, you can come out now." Richard said. Within seconds, the group was surrounded by several men dressed in black. Richard looked at Rayleigh and Brian. "Will everyone please leave the room so my family may attend to business? I'd rather not hurt any of you."

"We're not leaving them with you." Julie spoke angrily, stepping to the front of the room. She moved so that she was in front of her uncle. "Get out now."

Richard smiled darkly at her. "I'm sorry it has to come to this, Julie. You were one of my favorite neices." He told her. He nodded to one of the men, and a few seconds later, Julie dropped to the floor.

"You will pay for that." Gordie spoke angrily, moving towards his brother. Another instant later, Gordie too fell to the ground.

"Now would anyone else like to protest my simple instructions?" He asked. No one answered, but no one else moved, either. He sighed, but then moved towards Rayleigh. Brian kept her behind him, and Richard punched him in the face. He faultered for just a moment, but it was enough for Richard to roughly grab Rayleigh's arm. He pulled his own gun out of his pocket, and pointed it at her head.

"How many times must I tell you not to disobey me, Rayleigh?" He asked angrily, yanking her arm. She cried out in pain, and Brian lunged towards her. Someone grabbed him from behind, and he was unable to move.

"Let go of me!" She screamed, writhing in her father's grip. He sighed annoyedly, and used the butt of the gun against her shoulder. She immediately fell unconscious, and he smiled, satisfied.

"You monster!" Rayleigh's mother said angrily. "She's our daughter!"

"No, Abigail. She's my daughter. You were never much of a mother to our children. Or much a wife to me." He said spitefully. Abigail glared at him.

"You were going to have her killed!"

"It's for the best of the Coslov family." Richard explained. "She has disgraced us time and time again. As has my son."

"You mean me?" Adam asked from the crowd, stepping up. He pointed a gun at the back of his father's head. "Let her go. Now."

Her father laughed, but he released her. She fell to the ground, and Jimmy lunged forward to stop her from hitting her head on the hard wood flooring.

"What are you going to do, Adam?" He asked darkly. "Shoot me?"

"Drop the gun." He told his father, ignoring the question. "And tell them to do the same."

"It's you against all of them, Adam." His father told him. Adam laughed darkly.

"Tell them to drop their guns." Adam repeated, cocking the gun.

"Do it." Richard said, fear finding his way into his voice. The guns were set gently on the floor, and several family members grabbed them away from the floor. Jimmy reached up and grabbed Richard's gun, and Richard turned around to face his son.

"Do it." He dared his son. "Shoot me."

Adam scoffed. "I'm not going to kill you. Serving your life in prison is a more fit punishment for you."

A few minutes later, several armed policemen, along with a few SWAT members ran into the room and took the men away. Once everything was clear, Brian knelt beside Rayleigh.

"Wake up, Ray." He said quietly, pulling her head into his lap. He heard Val talking on the phone to a 911 operator, and knew an ambulance would be there soon. "Please, baby. Wake up."

"Brian?" She asked weakly. "What happened?"

"Everyone's fine, baby." He reassured her, swiping her hair off of her face. She smiled up at him.

"I'm glad." She whispered.

"We need to take her to the hospital now, son." A paramedic said, walking into the room. Brian nodded, but Rayleigh tried to shake her head.

"No. I'm fine." She insisted. I just got knocked out is all."

"I'll go with you." Brian told her. She looked at the paramedic warily, but finally nodded.

"Fine." She agreed. "But I'm not sitting on the damn stroller."

Brian laughed. "Typical Ray." He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't the last chapter, there will be more.
:)