Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Thirty-Six

"I want to come with, Ray." Brian told Rayleigh as she prepared to walk out of his room. She turned and smiled at him, then walked back across the room to hug him.

"I need to do this on my own, Brian." She told him. "I'll be fine; I promise."

"Ray--"

"Bri, when have I ever broken a promise to you?" She asked him. He thought long and hard, but couldn't come up with anything. She smiled knowingly at him. "That's what I thought. I'll be back in a few hours, okay?"

"I can't change your mind, can I?" He sighed, obviously not pleased with the fact. She smiled innocently at him.

"Nope. I'm stubborn as a mule." She grinned. He hugged her back, and kissed her neck.
"If he gives you any shit, I'll--"

"Bri, sweetie, he's in jail. He can't hurt me anymore." She reassured him. He nodded, and kissed the top of her head.

"Alright, I can give you that." He agreed. "You might want to leave before I stow away in the trunk, though."

She laughed, but walked out to her car and drove to the county prison.

-x-

Once inside, she stepped to a room where a police officer was sitting, doing paperwork. She coughed a little, and he looked up. He was obviously surprised, but he didn't say anything to her.

"Can I help you, miss?" He asked her. She smiled sweetly and nodded.

"I'd like to visit Richard Coslov." She told him. Again, he looked shell shocked, but he didn't say anything, but instead nodded. She went through the regular routine of being searched, and she was taken to a room and sat down at a chair, a plexiglass window between her and the other room. She waited until her father walked into the room, and she tensed up. The policeman noticed, and walked over to her.

"Would you like me to stand here?" He asked her. She looked up and nodded, thankful for his sincerity. He stood behind her against the wall, and she picked up the phone linking her to her father.

"Why, Rayleigh. I didn't expect I'd see you again. To what do I owe this great pleasure?" He asked, smirking. He knew exactly why she was there.

"I came to tell you a few things, Richard." She said, hoping she sounded as business like as she wanted to. "Firstly, Uncle Gordie and Julie are both in the ICU because of what you did."

"They should not have interfered. We had family business to attend to." He shrugged. She slammed her fist on the table.

"Dammit, Richard!" She said angrily. "You had no right to do that!"

"Now, now. There's no need for hostility." He told her, grinning. She narrowed her eyes and glared at him.

"Hostility?" She asked him, incredulously. "You lecture me about hostility?"

"What I did wasn't hostile, Rayleigh. It was simply proving a point."

"And what point would that be?" She asked angrily. "That you have no heart? We all knew that a long time ago."

"No. To prove that you are the same, pathetic little girl you always have been."

"Why am I pathetic?" She asked him, laughing a little. "Because I've always thought for myself and done what I wanted?"

"No." He told her, his voice straining. "You used to be my little angel."

"Ahh." She nodded. "That's right. I was Daddy's Little Girl. Until I met Brian."

"You didn't meet him, Rayleigh. He invaded our life."

"Funny thing about Brian, Dad." She told him, ignoring his comment. "He's my fiancee."

Her father couldn't contain himself anymore, and he slammed his fist on the pexiglass wall. "Not while I'm alive will you ever marry that white trash!"

"That white trash is the person linking me to the family I've never had. He loves me for who I am, not what I am. He wants me for me." She told him angrily. "And nothing you ever do will ever change that. Oh, wait just a minute." She said, smiling. "I forgot. You can't do anything about it.. You're in prison."

"I can always bribe someone." He threatened. She shook her head.

"No, Dad, not here you can't. And in addition to the charges you already have, I'm pressing attempted murder charges from a couple of months ago. You know, when you tried to have me and Brian killed. Yeah, I haven't forgotten that. And Gordie and Julie are pressing the same charges. You'll be lucky if they even let you outside to play basketball."

"You little bitch." Her father said vehemently. She smiled sweetly as she stood up to leave.

"Now, now, Dad. There's no need for hostility."
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope you all like this chapter.