Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Ray, you don't look so good." Brian said to her as she sat at the kitchen table the next morning at breakfast. She made a weak attempt at a smile.

"I'm fine." She lied. "I just need to go to the bathroom."

"Well have at it, then." He chuckled. She got up and ran to the bathroom, and as soon as the door was closed, she chucked into the toilet. She looked down at the contents of the toilet bowl in disgust. Puking had always been something disgusting to her, and she had not done it very often. All of a sudden feeling a lot better, she got up and cleaned her face off, rinsing her mouth out with mouthwash. She flushed the toilet, then walked back out to the kitchen, where Brian, Suzie, and Papa Gates sat, all with worried expressions.

"What did I miss?" She asked, sitting down on a chair.

"Honey, when was your last period?" Suzie asked her. Instantly going pale, she thought back.

"I...don't remember." She said. "It should have been at least two weeks ago."

"You just threw up, didn't you?" Brian asked her, rubbing her shoulder. She nodded, tears forming in the corners of her eyes. He pulled her to his shoulder and hugged her. "Don't cry, baby."

"Wh-What if I'm pregnant?" She asked through the tears. He looked at her.

"I'll still love you." He said with a smile. She looked at him.

"I think I n-need to g-get a t-test." She said. He nodded.

"Finish your breakfast and we can go down and get one." He promised. She smiled at his sincerity and finished her breakfast.

-x-

Later that afternoon, she sat in the bathroom, Brian sitting on the edge of the tub, both of them eagerly awaiting the results of the test she'd just taken. It seemed more like hours of waiting, when it was really just a few minutes. Finally, they saw the test changing. Rayleigh's face dropped when she saw the result of the test:

Pregnant