Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Seriously? I'm gonna be an uncle?" Adam asked enthusiastically.

"I better start shopping." her mother quipped. Rayleigh rolled her eyes, and Brian wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"The guys are on their way over here now. I figured we better tell them, too."

"Poor Jimmy might have a heart attack." Ray whispered. Brian kissed her neck.

"It'll be okay, Ray." He promised. "This is a good thing."

"I can't believe I'm not even eighteen and I'm pregnant."

Matt and the rest of the guys walked into the room.

"What's up?" Jimmy asked. Brian and Ray looked at them.

"Everybody might want to go sit in the living room." Rayleigh told them. They gave her worried looks, but walked to the living room and sat in various spots around the room.

"Okay. So basically what's happening is, I'm preggo." Rayleigh said. The guys gave her weird looks, and then all of a sudden everybody started whooping.

"I'm gonna be an uncle!" Jimmy said. "I hope it's a boy, because if it's a girl there's no way she'd ever have a boyfriend."

"Jimmy!" Suzie quipped from the doorway to the kitchen. "Mind your manners."

"Yes'm." He said.

"I can't believe it. We all grew up together, and now you're preggo. I never figured you'd want a kid." Johnny said. "I mean, you're Ray."

Rayleigh laughed. "Yeah, I know. We weren't exactly planning on it."

"What are you going to name it?" Matt asked.

"We just found out this morning, Shads. Like we've thought of names yet." Brian told him.

"I can just see it now. I don't think the world is ready for little Brileigh's." Zacky spoke. Everybody looked at him with weird expressions.

"Brileigh's?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah. You know. Brian plus Rayleigh. Combined, it makes Brileigh. Like Brangelina." Zacky said. "Can I teach it guitar?"

"That's my job." Brian said protectively. Zacky looked at the floor.

"Oh yeah, huh? Sorry." Zacky said. "I hope it's left handed, then."

"Why?" Rayleigh asked. Zacky's face brightened.

"Because then it would be easier for me to teach it to play guitar."

Everybody started laughing. Then Suzie clapped from the doorway, signalling she wanted everybody's attention.

"Guys, this means we're going to have to fast forward the wedding." She said. "We're going to have to make sure everything is done. Ray's gonna have to go get her dress checked again."

"Got it, chief." Brian said, saluting his mother. "I'll take her."

Suzie looked at him disprovingly, but gave a nod of her head. "I don't want you seeing her in the dress, though, Brian Elwin Haner, Jr. That's still got to be a surprise."

"Understood." He nodded. "Come on, Ray."

-x-

When they got to the Bridal shop, the attendant was beaming.

"You're mother just called." She told Rayleigh. She looked at Brian. "And she told me to tell Romeo here to wait in the lounge."

"But--" Brian starteed. Rayleigh cut him off.

"No, Brian. She's right. The dress has to be secret from you." She told him, kissing his cheek.

The bridal attendant took her to the back of the shop, and pulled her dress out from a locked closet.

"Okay. Try it on. I'll make sure it's absolutely perfect." She smiled at Rayleigh, who began pulling her clothes off and pulling the dress on. The attendant made a few adjustments and studied her.

"It looks perfect." She nodded with her head. "There's just enough leeway so that if you do start showing before your wedding, it's not going to ruin the effect of the dress."

Rayleigh smiled. "That's good."

"I always feel so happy when this happens." The attendant spoke. "It's not very often I see a couple come in here who really love each other the way you and Brian do."

"We've been through a lot." Ray admitted. "But I think that's helped."

The attendant nodded, and put the dress back in the closet once Rayleigh had it off. Ray began pulling her own clothes on, and was taken by surprise when a pair of familiar, tattooed arms wrapped around her waist.

"Don't worry; I didn't see the dress." He murmured as he kissed her neck. She giggled, not sure why. Brian had always had that effect on her, even now that they were planning a wedding and going to have a baby. She tilted her head back and looked at him.

"You really are excited for the baby, aren't you?" She whispered. He looked at her and nodded.

"I couldn't possibly be any more happy." He told her. She smiled.

"But now along with planning the wedding, we have to find a new house." She told him.

"I don't want to keep staying at your parent's."

He nodded. "I was thinking the same thing."

"But I want to stay in Huntington." She told him. "I love it here."

He nodded again. "Yeah. So do I."

"Rayleigh, Brian? Suzie just called; you guys are supposed to go meet the cater, and then the priest." The attendant said, beaming happily. Ray rolled her eyes.

"We better get going." She told him, kissing his lips. He nodded.

"Yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)