Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Forty-Four

"Brian, I think the reception is over there." Rayleigh said, laughing as they drove down the road. He turned and grinned at her innocently.

"We're not going to the reception right away." He told her. "I need to show you something."

She grinned at him. "I have a better idea."

He looked at her, confusion written on his face. "How do you mean, better?"

"Well, if we do anything now, I'll be too tired to do anything on the plane ride to wherever it is we're going for the honeymoon, and I'll just sleep the whole way there." She said innocently. "But if we wait, and go to the reception like we're supposed to, I won't be too tired."

He mulled through this in his head, and nodded. "You're right. Absolutely right." He nodded, turning the car around to head to the reception. When they got there, he opened the door for her, and she smiled at his sincerity. He led her into the lobby of the hotel, holding her hand in his, and the whole room began clapping when they walked through the doors.

"Stop. You'll make the bride blush." Brian smirked at them. They started laughing goodheartedly, and then Suzie walked over to them and led them to the center of the dance floor. The song began, and Ray smiled at Brian as he offered her his hand. She accepted it, and they began to dance to the steady rhythym, lost in each other eyes, not paying attention to anyone else around them.

"I love you." Rayleigh whispered to Brian, laying her head on his shoulder. He kissed her hair, leading her around the floor.

"Not as much as I love you." He teased her. She chuckled lightly, and they danced the rest of the song without talking. Once the song was over, one of the other songs they'd chosen for the wedding, Lost in This Moment came on, and she almost smiled. Despite the fact that neither of them had ever listened to country music before, one of Rayleigh's cousins, Julie, had made them listen to the song, and they'd both thought it would be a good song for their wedding. Rayleigh saw everyone on the dance floor begin to dance, and she smiled when she saw Leana and Jimmy. They were one of her biggest inspirations when it came to Brian, and she smiled when she saw him looking at them too.

"What?" Jimmy asked from across the room. "We're not the new couple here. Stare at them."

Leana laughed, as did Rayleigh and Brian. Everyone else in the room chuckled as they danced.

After about an hour or so of dancing, Rayleigh and Brian were led by Suzie and Abby to the wedding cake, which had been homebaked by Suzie and decorated by McKenna.

"Cut it." Suzie said, handing the cake cutter to Rayleigh, who, along with Brian, sliced the cake. They each took a small plate, and fed each other a bite, Brian purposely getting a little on the side of Ray's mouth.

"The point of feeding it to her is to get it in her mouth, Brian." Papa Gates said, smiling. Brian grinned and shook his head.

"No. I did that purposely." He smiled. Rayleigh blushed, knowing what he meant as he lowered his mouth to her and licked the cake off the side of her mouth.

"Go get a room!" Matt called out.

"Yeah!" Benji called. "It's about that time, isn't it?"

Brian looked at the clock, and saw that it was about 9:30 already.

"He's right." He whispered to her, kissing her jawline. "The plane leaves at midnight."

"We'll see all you guys when we get back!" Ray said happily as Brian started leading her out of the room. He stopped when a little boy and girl ran up to her.

"Bye bye, Way!" The little girl said. Rayleigh smiled, and picked her up.

"Bye, Sage." She said, kissing her on the cheek. "Tell your mom I said hi."

"I will." She said. The little boy stood looking at her, but didn't say anything. Ray knelt to her knee and hugged the little boy, her cousin Coda.

"Bye, Coda. You take care of your sister, okay?" She said, kissing his cheek. He nodded, but again didn't speak. As they walked out to Brian's car, he looked at her confusedly.

"Who were they?" He asked. "I don't think I met them before."

"They're Julie's kids." She said somberly. "She's still in the hospital with Uncle Gordie. Scott didn't come up to get them, so they're staying with June and Thad, and then they'll probably stay with my Mom until Julie gets out of the hospital."

"Why with your mom?" He asked her. "Why doesn't their dad come up?"

She laughed bitterly. "Scott doesn't like them. He fathered them, yes, but doesn't really have much to do with them. He doesn't even know their birthdays, from what Julie told me."

Brian stared darkly at the road as they headed to the airport. "I'm not going to be like that with our kid." He told her, grabbing her hand. She smiled and scooted closer in the seat, kissing his cheek.

"I know you won't." She whispered, moving her lips to his neck. "You're gonna be a great dad."

"Ray." He warned her as her lips sucked lightly. She smirked, and then sat up, looking at him innocently.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Don't start something you don't intend on finishing right here." He told her, grinning. She laughed, but sat back in her seat.

"Alright. We're almost to the airport anyways, aren't we?"

"Yeah. We're almost at the John Wayne Airport." He smiled. She looked at him confusedly.

"You can get a plane to almost anywhere from there." She said. He nodded.

"That's exactly the point." He smiled at her, pulling into the parking spot. "Matt's coming to get the car tomorrow."

"I see. Well, let's go catch our flight, Mr. Haner." She smiled, grabbing his hand as they walked towards the entrance of the building to find their flight.

"With pleasure, Mrs. Haner." He laughed. "Wait just a second."

With that, he turned and walked real fast back to the car, where he popped the trunk and grabbed their four bags of luggage.

"You were going to forget our luggage?" She asked with a laugh. He grinned sheepishly.

"It's not my fault you're so hot." He countered, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. They walked into the airport together, and waited until the call came for them to board their flight.