Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Fifty

"I'm excited, Brian," Rayleigh said happily two days after they'd received the news about her father as they pulled up to the hospital, holding his hands. He turned and smiled at her as he took his parking spot.

"I'm excited, too." He chuckled at her, opening his car door and getting out.

She narrowed her eyes and smiled at him. "How so?"

"Well, with you wearing that, I'm going to have to fend off every male patient in that hospital."

She rolled her eyes. "It's just a t-shirt and jeans." She sighed. He smiled.

"Yeah, I know. But it's showcasing our baby, baby,” he chuckled at her.

"What if it's babies?" She asked quietly as they walked inside. He looked at her, a small smile on his face as he shrugged, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as they walked into the clinic.

"Good point. What if?"

"I don't think it would be bad." She smiled. He nodded.

"I'd love them both."

"I know you would. One of the many reasons I love you,” she said softly, kissing his cheek and then rolling her eyes as she saw a woman start moving towards them.

"Brian?" A brunette woman sitting in a wheelchair asked quietly. He looked over to see Michelle, being rolled down the hall by a nurse. Ray scowled at her, but Brian rubbed her back, and they both walked over to her.

"What's got you in here, 'Chelle?" He asked her, honestly worried about her. He might not love her or be with her romantically, but he still cared enough to be worried. She lowered her eyes to the floor, and it was then that they noticed the bandages on her left wrist. "What did you do to yourself, ‘Chelle?"

"I...Brian, I don't..." She started. He sighed, shaking his head before glaring at her, disappointed and somewhat disgusted with the brunette.

"You can't go trying to kill yourself because you can't have me, Michelle." He told her. She kept her eyes on the floor.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly. "If it weren't for—”

"Don't pin this on me." Rayleigh told her, her voice quiet as she looked down at her husband’s ex-girlfriend. "Can't you tell he's worried about you?"

"Whatever, bitch." Michelle spat angrily, tears falling from her eyes. Rayleigh wasn’t sure if she was crying because she was frustrated, embarrassed, or both, but she didn’t care, either. "You're not the one who lost the person you love."

"Mr. and Mrs. Haner?" The receptionist called out, breaking their concentration from Michelle. Brian and Ray looked up to see the doctor waiting for them at the front desk, and they walked over to him, not even bothering to say goodbye to Michelle as they walked away from her wheelchair.

"Do you want to know the gender of your baby?" He smiled at them. Both Brian and Rayleigh looked at one another before back at him, shaking their heads at the same time.

"No. We just want to make sure he or she's alright in there,” Brian smiled, rubbing her rounded stomach. The doctor's smile widened.

"It's very rare anymore for a parent to come in here and not want to know before the birth. Come on, let's go into my office." he said. They followed him down the hallway, and into a brightly lit office, painted a pale, annoying pink, with ugly brown tiles. He motioned for Rayleigh to sit on the long bed-like cot, and she did so, and held Brian's hand. The doctor lifted her shirt, and spread the cold, green gel on her stomach. He studied the monitor intently, and after two minutes or so, a wide grin broke out on his face as he turned to look at them.

"What's the good news, doc?" Brian asked confusedly. He just continued smiling.

"Your one baby has turned into two." He told them. They looked at each other, grins on their faces as Rayleigh gasped, surprised before turning to look at the doctor.

"We're having twins?" Rayleigh asked ecstatically. The doctor nodded, and she hugged Brian as well as she could. The doctor wiped the goo off of her stomach, and she adjusted her shirt.

"So when's her due date?" Brian asked.

"Still another six months away," the doctor told them. "Your next visit will be a month from now, and after that every three weeks."

"Of course," Brian nodded. "We'll be on time for every single one."

"Alright. See you a month from now." Brian and Rayleigh said before walking out of the hospital, hand in hand and grinning as Brian rubbed his stomach over Rayleigh’s stomach. He couldn’t believe he was going to be made a father twice over the first time ‘round, but it was a miracle in itself among all of the turmoil that their lives had turned into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited for Grammatical Errors.