Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Sixty-Five

"Where's the twins?" Were the first words Ray spoke when she came around from the anesthesia. She saw Brian sitting on the couch, along with several other guys from the group, and she gave them a weak smile.

"They're with Val and Lacey in the hall. We didn't want them to disturb you out of getting rest you need." Jimmy said, sounding like he was mocking what a doctor had said. He probably was mimicking the doctor. She smiled at him.

"Can I see them?"

"I'm not sure that would be a good idea at this time, Mrs. Haner," the doctor said as he walked into the room. "We need you to take a psychological exam before you can see your children again."

She looked at him angrily. "What did you just say? I need to talk to a shrink? What the fuck for?"

The doctor sighed. "It would only be natural for you to be angry with the babies for causing you to go through a major surgery such as the one you underwent. Also, you are quite young for having such a surgery, as well as two children. The psychologist just wants to--"

"Do you have a court order saying I can't see my children?" She asked him pointedly.

"No, but--"

"Then I demand, as their mother, that you let me see my children. Or you can deal with my lawyer."

"Mrs. Haner, you're being immature about this," the doctor told her in a short, very cold tone of voice. She sat up on the bed.

"Bullshit. Brian, get my clothes from the closet. We're going home. And next time we'll drive to a different hospital. And doctor, what's your name?"

"Dr. Kirk Westbaum," the doctor said. She smiled, writing it on her hand with a pen that she found sitting on the end table beside the hospital bed.

"Thank you. I'll make sure your hospital manager gets your name and a formal complaint from myself. Have a good day," she said, pulling on a hoodie Brian had handed her over the hospital gown. She shakily pulled the needle that was attached to her arm off, and she slipped on her shoes, which were by the bed.

"Ma'am, I'm not so sure it would--"

"Chill. I'm out of here. We're going to a different hospital." Ray told the doctor, using Brian for support as they walked out of the room, leaving behind a baffled doctor. They walked into the hall, and Ray smiled when she saw Val holding a sleeping Cayden and Val cooing to a frustrated Jaimee.

"Where are you--" Val started.

"We're going to a different hospital." Jimmy told her, hooking her arm through his. It was just one of those little things that made Jimmy, Jimmy. She shrugged, but they walked to the elevator, and once they were on the main floor, they walked out to the Suburban, which was parked in the ER entrance parking lot. She carefully sat in the front seat, and she looked in the back to see Val and Lacey sitting on opposite sides of the baby seats, where Jaimee and Cayden were securely strapped in. She smiled and turned her head back to look at them, and then grabbed Brian’s hand over the consol as he began driving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited for Grammatical Errors.