Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Sixty-Seven

The second Rayleigh heard the window break on the other end of the house, she started sprinting up the staircase, the rest of the guys right behind her. Brian stopped her right outside the nursery and looked at her.

"I'll be right back," he said as he urgently headed towards the bedroom. "I'm going to get my Dad's gun."

"Where's everybody at? What the hell is going on?" Her mother's voice asked from downstairs. Rayleigh gave a confused look at Brian, who looked suspicious.

"Mom? Are you the one who broke the window?" Rayleigh called out cautiously.

"Yes." Her mother replied with a sigh. "All the doors were locked, and I thought your Dad had gotten here, so I broke the window to try and come in, and then I heard everybody start running. What is going on?"

"You know about Dad?" Rayleigh asked as her mother walked up the stairs. The woman nodded.

"Yeah. I'm the first person he called. I called the cops. They said he was released temporarily for good behavior. He's 'on probation'. He's not allowed within the Huntington Beach city limits. A policeman is escorting him to San Fran."

"So, wait. What? I thought he couldn't get out on bail. That judge said so," Rayleigh said angrily. If she were a cartoon, there would be steam blowing out her ears.

"That's what I thought. Apparently he bribed the warden of the prison, though. They said he could be on parole. I think it's because of the celebrity-status he's been given lately, because of Brian, you know."

Brian nodded. "That's no reason to let him out. They know how dangerous he is. And they know that Ray just had twins. Does he?"

"Yes, he knows the twins were born. And he directly told me under no uncertain terms that he will see his 'grandchildren' one way or another. I told the cops that, and they're going to stake out your house until further notice. There will always be two squad cars parked in front, and a policeman on the grounds. You don't need to worry."

"You're staying here, Mom. I'm not going to let him attack you, too," she told her mother.

"I don't want to intrude on your life. I did enough of that when you were younger," she protested, looking at her daughter.

"That's fine, Abby," Brian said. "You're staying, and that's final. My parents are going to stay here, too. And the guys and their girlfriends."

"What?" Everyone asked. Brian nodded.

"That psycho can't be trusted. Besides, the twins want to see all you guys, and they've hardly seen you at all, Abby," Brian told her. She sighed in protest.

"I'm not going to win this, am I?"

Both Rayleigh and Brian shook their heads. "No. You're not."

"Okay. Well, since you guys insist. But I need to go get clothes."

Rayleigh nodded. "That's good. Me and Brian will go with you back to your place to get what you need, and two of the guys can take the twins and go get Brian's parents."

"I will." Matt said. "It's been too long since I've seen that old fart."

"I'll go too," Zacky said. "I wanna go."

"Alright. Then it's settled. Let's get going."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited for Grammatical Errors.