Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Chapter Sixty-Eight

"I forgot how loud they can be at night," Rayleigh murmured to Brian from their bed. He shifted on the mattress and wrapped his arms tighter around her torso, burying his face in her neck before lifting it and looking at her.

"Yeah, you're right. I kind of forgot, too," he agreed. She laughed at him, and put her lips on his in a sweet gesture. Suddenly, one of the twins started crying from their nursery. Rayleigh sighed, and got up out of the bed, pulling on her robe, and she looked at him as she walked for the doorway. "I'll be right back," she said. He nodded, and she walked to the nursery, grabbing a bottle from the bureau by the door. She shuffled down the hall and cracked open the nursery door, only to see her mom and Suzie, each holding one of the babies. They looked at her as they cooed the twins, and she smiled.

"You go on back to bed, honey," Abby told her daughter. "You've been dead on your feet for awhile. And you need the rest. Suzie and I have it under control."

"Thanks, Mom," she said sleepily. Her mother nodded, and then went back to cooing Jaimee, who was fighting trying to go to sleep. She walked back to the bedroom, and found Brian propped up against the pillows, smiling.

"Our moms are taking care of the twins tonight?" He asked her. She nodded as she hung her robe on the back of the door and walked to the bed, adjusting the blankets around her frame.

"Yeah. They told me to go to bed," she said, lying down on her back. She heard him shuffle around, and then pull her close to his firm, yet somehow still amazingly soft, chest. He kissed the top of her head, and laid his own head on top of her own.

"Goodnight, Ray," he said. "I love you."

She smiled, still feeling the butterflies she'd always felt when she was around him, even after all these years. "'Night, Brian. I love you, too."

-x-
The Next Morning
-x-

"Hey, lovebirds! What's up?" They awoke the next morning to Jimmy's voice in the doorway. Ray looked groggily at the alarm clock, and saw that it was 12:08 PM. She shot up in the bed.

"Shit! It's after noon!" She said, getting up out of the bed. Brian looked at her, wondering how she could go from being dead asleep to wide awake in .39 seconds. Jimmy had already closed the door and walked downstairs, so she began getting dressed. Brian was watching her from the bed, and she turned around with a smile.

"What?" She asked innocently. He shook his head with a small grin on his face.

"Nothing. Just noticing how hot you look in white," he said with a smile. She rolled her eyes, but walked over to the bed anyways. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her on top of him. "I think it's high time we had some alone time," he murmured with a smile. She gave him a confused look, knowing what her husband was talking about.

"Brian, the twins were just born. And--"

"And everyone's more than willing to look after them for awhile. And right now, I want to look after you. You've got more on your plate than you can handle. Let's just take a couple of days and go somewhere, just the two of us. No drama, no crying, no waking up in the middle of the night. Just us," he smiled. She smiled at him, too, and nodded. The idea didn’t sound to bad, in theory.

"Yeah. I think that would be a good idea after all," she relented. "Having everyone in the house literally overnight is kind overwhelming."

He nodded, and there was a knock on their bedroom door. "Yeah?" Brian asked, kissing Ray's cheek. Jimmy poked his head in.

"I heard your plans, and it's a done deal. Besides, your moms were going to force you two to take off for a few days if you didn't decide to do it on your own. So get packed and head out. The twins are in good hands," he said with a smile.

"Okay," Rayleigh scoffed. She walked back over to the closet, and started throwing some random clothes onto the bed. Brian did the same from his closet, and ten minutes later, they were downstairs with their suitcases packed. Rayleigh walked over to her mom and Suzie, who were holding Cayden and Jaimee respectively, and she kissed her kids' heads.
"Mommy's going to miss you," she said with a smile. "But she just needs a few days with Daddy. We'll be back before you know it."

"No, Ray. You need to take some time off. Seriously. You've been pushed to the breaking point, what with the trial, and then the twins, plus surgery. And now he's out, and--" Johnny started, a worried tone to his voice.

"That's what this little trip is for," Abby spoke. "They're going to get away from it all, if only for a few days."

"Thanks, Mom. And Suzie, too. I really appreciate this," Ray whispered, hugging them both. They nodded and smiled.

"It's okay. Now go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited for Grammatical Errors.