Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

A Well-Deserved Break

"Rayleigh, we really should go to the police with this." Brian said to Rayleigh a few hours after the razorblades had been discovered.
"I know we should, but--"
"It's okay, we know we're not the best bodyguards. Obviously." Deuce said with a smile, walking up to the two of them, who were each holding one of the twins.
"It's not that. I just don't know how much I can trust the police after they let my father loose. They're prone to bribery, and what if she bribes them? Then she'll be out, too."
"Then take her to another district." Charlie suggested from his spot, where he was leaning casually against the wall.
"Is that even possible?"
"Sure, it is." Charlie continued. "Just tell them that your court is highly corrupt, and that you're scared. Ask for a restraining order, for police to be stationed outside of your house. Video surveillance and all that good shit. And plus, you'll still have us, so long as you want us around."
"Trust me, we could use all the protection we can get." Rayleigh sighed. "You're staying."
Charlie laughed at that. "Figured. Anyways, I think Spongebob is on."
"Did someone just say Spongebob?" Zacky asked from upstairs.
"Yeah, dude. It's a marathon today!" Charlie called back. They heard a thudding on the floor, and a few seconds later, Zacky was whipping past them into the living room with Charlie and Deuce to watch the all-day marathon of Spongebob Squarepants.
"Such children." Rayleigh smiled, with a laugh.
"You can't honestly say that you don't like Spongebob. And I know you have the entire season of The Snorks on DVD." Brian smiled.
She blushed and then looked at the floor. "The Snorks was a good show, okay."
He hugged her to his body and inhaled the sweet flowery scent of her hair.
"It's going to be okay, Ray. I promise." He whispered. She sighed and hugged him even tighter.
"I know it will be." She agreed. "I'm just under a lot of stress right now."
"Go get changed." He suggested. "And hand me Jaimee."
She did so and handed the baby girl to her father, who carried them into the living room while she walked upstairs, going through her closet for several minutes until finally settling on one that she hadn't worn in a long time. She brushed her messy hair into a sloppy ponytail and did a quick touch-up on her makeup before walking back down the hall and down the staircase, where Brian stood waiting for her.
"Bring another pair of clothes, Ray." He said with a smile. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion, and he shook his head. "I'm not telling, so you might as well just do it."
She sighed and walked back up the stairs to their room, where she picked out another outfit for the next day. She packed it into a small bag, along with a hairbrush and minimal makeup, and then walked down the stairs back to the foyer.
"Am I good?" She sighed, waiting for him to give in and tell her where he was taking her. He shook his head and smiled at her.
"Yeah, we're good to go now. But I'm still not telling you. Zacky!"
"Yeah?"
"C'mere for a minute!" Brian called.
"But Squidward just--"
"Now, Zacky." Brian sighed. "We have Tivo, remember?"
"Oh yeah, huh." Zacky laughed, walking in. "What's up?"
"Give me your bandana."
"But his is smelly!" Rayleigh laughed. Zacky scoffed jokingly.
"Smelly? I beg your pardon. Me and my smelly bandana will just see ourselves back to Spongebob and Squidward."
"Charlie!" Brian called. The man immediately walked into the room.
"Yeah, what's up?"
"Can I have your bandana?" Brian asked with a laugh. "Ray can't know where we're going until we get there, and she said Zacky's is smelly."
"Sure." Charlie said, untying the bandana from around his neck. He handed it to Ray. "Anything for my Mini Me."
Rayleigh laughed at that, and then hugged Charlie, who had come to be a good friend of theirs.
"Thanks, Charlie." She said. He waved as he walked back into the living room to attend to Jaimee and Cayden, who had just started crying again.
"No problemo, jalepeno." He said. "See ya when you get back."
Brian tied the bandana over her eyes, and then led her out the door.
"Will you at least tell me if we're leaving the country?" She asked him. He sighed, and she could tell that she'd won at least that battle.
"We're not leaving the country." He agreed. "But I'm not telling you anything else."
"Then can we listen to Panic's new CD?" She asked. He relented, and within seconds after he had helped her get into the passenger seat of one of the vehicles--which thanks to the blindfold, she couldn't see--she heard the familiar beginning of Nine In The Afternoon by Panic At The Disco, whom she'd liked since before they'd hit mainstream.
"It's so weird how you can go from Pantera one second, to Panic at the Disco the next, Ray." Brian sighed as he started driving. She smiled, knowing he thought it was adorable.
"I know. But you love me anyways."
"Damn straight." He said. They continued the rest of the drive in silence, holding on to each other's hands as he drove. Finally, after what Rayleigh guessed was an hour and a half of driving, he pulled Charlie's bandana off of her face, letting her see where they were. She was standing outside of the Paramour Mansion.
"Brian, we're not seriously staying here, are we?" She asked him. He smiled at her, letting her know that he was serious.
"Yep. We're staying here overnight." He told her. "I wanted to work on some guitar parts for the new CD anyways, and--"
"This place is fucking haunted, Brian." Rayleigh said. "I mean seriously. Bath-tub filling with freezing water on it's own haunted."
"Relax, Ray." Brian said. "Do you seriously believe that?"
"I'm thinking if Bob from MCR was scared of this place, it has some credibility." She retorted.
"You trust me though, right?"
"Yes, Brian. I trust you. But I don't trust this place. I'm not sleeping here."
He grinned at her and pulled her in for a kiss. "Then we won't sleep now, will we?" He growled into her ear. "You'll be fine. We'll be fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually do believe that the Paramour Mansion, a recording studio and the setting for several TV shows such as the X Factor, is really haunted. While My Chemical Romance was staying there recording The Black Parade, a bath tub allegedly filled with freezing water on its own, doors too heavy to slam shut closed themselves, and despite the heat of southern California, they needed space heaters. Add to that the fact that Mikey actually slept on Gerard's bedroom floor before he had to leave the mansion, and it's got serious creep factors. But I've always been intrigued by that, so I decided to put it in meh story.