Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

Inside The Haunted Mansion

"Brian, I'm seriously freaking out right now." Rayleigh said as they walked down the long, lavishly decorated hallway that was obviously still in the same decor as it had been when it's original owners lived there in the 1920s.
"It's just a mansion, Ray." He told her. "Ghosts can't hurt you, anyways."
"They can make you suicidal." She retorted. He stopped her and put his hands on her shoulders.
"Are you suicidal?" He asked her. "Cuz if you are, we're outta here right now, and we won't come back."
She rolled her eyes at his protectiveness. "Brian, how long have you known me?"
"Since you were...let me see..." He said, counting the years off on his fingers. "Since you were seven."
"And in all those years, how many times have you known me to be suicidal?"
"Um...none?" He asked her. She smiled and patted his head.
"That's right. I'm not saying I'm suicidal, Bri. I'm just saying, ghosts have weird effects."
"Shit!" Brian said, rubbing his arms. She gave him a confused look.
"What's wrong, Brian?" She asked him.
"Is it just me, or did it get really cold just now?"
"I think you're chickening out." She taunted with a smile.
"Me? Chicken out of something I planned? Phhht. Never." He scoffed, crossing his arms over his puffed-out chest. She rolled her eyes and hugged him.
"Alright. Your room is right here." The guide said, opening a door to one of the several bedrooms. Theirs was a medium-sized one with a large Victorian-styled bed covered in dark violet blankets, no lighting in the room but for a single, eery blue lightbulb in the middle of the ceiling.
"I refuse to stay in this room." Rayleigh said, shaking her head and stepping into the hallway. The guide gave her a strange look, and Brian as well.
"What's wrong with it?" The guide asked her.
"This," Rayleigh said, suddenly becoming a haunting guru. "Is the room Mikey Way stayed in when they were recording The Black Parade, correct?"
"As a matter of fact, yes. It is." The guide told her. "How did you--"
"And he refused to sleep in here. In fact, he slept on his brother's bedroom floor. So yeah, if Mikey Way wouldn't stay in here, I'm not staying in here. I'd rather sleep in a bathtub."
"Ray, you don't seriously believe that, do you?" Brian sighed. "It's a bedroom."
"Okay, Brian. If I have to stay in here, then the next time we're near the Stanley Hotel in Colorado, I'll just request that one roo--"
"We're not staying in this room." Brian said definitely. "I'm not repeating that mistake again."
"What mistake, Brian?" She asked innocently.
"Staying at the Stanley Hotel. Never again, Ray. Never again."
"Why?" The guide asked, honestly intrigued. Rayleigh rolled her eyes.
"You're new here, aren't you?" She asked the guide.
"As a matter of fact, yes. Just started last night."
"Oh, fun." Rayleigh grumbled. "We can discover the ghosts together."
"I'm off now, actually. I just needed to show you to your room, but now that you won't stay in there, I don't know what to do."
"Trust me, it doesn't matter." Brian said. "There wasn't much sleep planned, anyways. You can go, I think."
"The security guards are here if you need anything. And the cameras are all over the place, so if something bad happens, they can get to you."
"If something bad happens?" Rayleigh squeaked. "What's that supposed to mean?"
The guide grinned sheepishly. "Well, a couple of people have claimed that they've had night terrors, or been hit, thrown down stairs, you know...the like."
"Brian, get me out of here." She asked quietly. "Please?"
"Ray, we're here for the night, we might as well stay." He sighed. "It won't be that bad, trust me. Would I let anything hurt you?"
She stared warily at him, and then gave in. "Fine," She relented. "But if I scream bloody murder and you end up partially deaf, don't blame me."
"I can think of a few ways to shut you up." He grinned. "Now let's start our midnight tour."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a short chapter but it's been a long day and I'm dead tired...and it's almost midnight. Which reminds me, I have math homework to do. And a history test to study for. And a math test to study for...yeah. I'll update sometime tomorrow.:)