Status: Completed, after eleven months and four days. XD

Baby Just Say Yes

The Other Woman

"So...you walked in to your bedroom and found your bed just like this?" The policeman asked her, jotting something down in a small note pad. Rayleigh sighed and nodded, looking towards the twins' bedroom. Since she had screamed and woken them up, Matt and Val had come over and picked them up, and had agreed to watch the them for the night.

"Yes. Why would we do this to ourselves?" She asked him, narrowing her eyes. "I mean, seriously."

"Mrs. Haner, you need to calm down for a little bit. This house is obviously not safe for you, and because of the past danger you have been in, the LAPD has decided to put your family into a safehouse."

"Like Witness Protection or something? Because that's not--"

"No, we're not going to put you into WP. But this house has been in the news, and it's not exactly hard to find. We've found an appropriate safehouse suitable for children your kids' age in San Clemente." The policeman told her. "We will have two officers escort you to the house, and then the San Clemente police will be surrounding the home at all times. It is a well-secured home."

"Is it really this serious?" Rayleigh had to ask. Brian turned and looked at her, shock on his face.

"Ray, dear, there's a decapitated animal lying on our bed. I think it's a safe bet that you're in danger."

"You're both in danger." The policeman told them. "Especially Rayleigh, however."

"Do you have any idea who would be doing something this...this horrible?" Rayleigh asked, tears starting to form in her eyes. The policeman gave her a sympathetic look and shook his head.

"I'm afraid we don't." He admitted to her. "We're already fingerprinting the room and we're sending in the corpse of the animal for forensic testing to see if the lab techs can lift up anything from it."

Rayleigh nodded, and then looked at Brian before she looked back at the policeman. "Can we at least pack some stuff to go with us?"

He nodded. "Yes, you may." He told her. "Be prepared to stay for as little as two weeks to as long as a year or more."

"A...A year?" She asked him. "This is our home!"

"And it's not safe for you here, Ma'am." Another man said, walking up. She knew him as the chief of the CBI, a step above local law enforcement. "And it's in your best interests to cooperate with us."

She sighed, but nodded before throwing some clothes of hers into a suitcase. Brian did the same, and then they both packed up toys, books, and clothes for the twins before walking out to the Escalade. Brian called and explained what was going on to Matt and Val, who said they'd bring the twins to the new house the next day since they had already settled back to sleep.

When they got to the house in San Clemente, Rayleigh couldn't help but smile. It looked like a very safe, guarded home, and not to mention it was beautiful. As they stepped into the house, the policeman behind them carrying her luggage, she nodded at what she saw. It was beautifully decorated, and from what she saw of the home right away, perfect for their family. Or, at least for now it was.

"Do you like it?" Brian asked, rubbing her shoulders as he turned her to face him. She sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess." She said. All of a sudden, Brian's phone rang and he looked at the caller I.D.

"Who in the hell's number is that?" He asked himself, clicking the 'talk' button. His eyes widened when he heard the voice on the other line.

"Brian?" A woman's voice said, sounding desperate. "Shh, it's okay, sweetie. Mommy's just talking on the phone."

"Why are you calling me?" He asked, not saying the woman's name out loud. "What do you want?"

"I want you to meet Brina, Brian." The woman's voice said. "Your daughter."

"Don't call me again." He said, hanging up the phone. Rayleigh looked at him, confusion on her face.

"Who was that?" She asked him. He sighed, not knowing how to say it. He didn't want Rayleigh knowing who it was, or what she'd had to say because it was probably a false statement that 'Brina', or whoever the little girl the woman had been talking to, was even his child.

"Someone from a long time ago, Ray." He sighed. "I don't even know why she still has my number."
♠ ♠ ♠
O__o;

Oh, dear. I hate cliffhangers, but I want to work on another story tonight too. Expect an update sometime tomorrow or the night after.