You'll Never Take Me Alive, Do What It Takes To Survive

We'll Settle This Affair Pt. 1

I woke to Mikey slapping me across the face around 3O minutes later.

“Gerard, wake up!” Mikey yelled.

My hand immediately flew to my cheek.

“OW! What the fuck was that for?!” I screamed.

“That was for being a heavy sleeper,” he replied with a smirk on his face.

“Boys!” Detective Pearson called, “Follow me.” His tone commanding and rough.

Mikey and I got up with some difficulty. Our legs had become stiff and the look that Detective Pearson was giving us wasn’t any help.

“Come with me,” he commanded.

Mikey and I silently followed him down a hallway and we came to a halt in front of two rooms.

“Frankly, I don’t care which room you go in,” Pearson said as he looked down at us. I hadn’t noticed until now that he was really tall, standing somewhere around 6’4”.

“But you will be in separate rooms,” he finished.

“Okay, can you give us a minute; my brother’s on the verge of an asthma attack,” I said seeing that Mikey was beginning to hyperventilate.

“You have two minutes,” Pearson said flatly. “If you aren’t done by then, I’ll throw you in the rooms myself,” he finished.

“That’s all we need,” I said.

“Carry on,” Pearson said, walking back down the hallway.

“Mikey, you okay?” I asked.

Mikey again took the inhaler out of his pocket and took a couple of puffs.

“No... I’m scared,” Mikey said, his voice breaking.

“It’ll be okay. We both saw the same crime, so our facts will match up,” I stated.

“Just tell the truth.”

“Easier said than done when a cop is breathing down your neck,” Mikey said.

“You’ll be alright,” I said while ruffling Mikey’s hair.

“I really wish you’d quit doing that,” he mumbled.

“I’m your big brother. It’s in like, our rules that we are allowed to ruffle the little brothers hair, so get over it,” I said.

“Whatever,” Mikey said.

“Time’s up!” Detective Pearson yelled.

Mikey and I looked at each other, took a deep breath, and stepped inside the interrogation room doors.

Author’s Note: This is just a filler to set the mood for the next couple of chapters. Comments are welcome!