Status: Believe me, my tiny little group of readers, I'm not giving this one up. Updates are going to start surfacing on a regular basis, just lemme get college application stuff out the way first. Kinda important. ::tehe:

The Technicolor Daydreamer; Folie A Deux.

Quatorze.

Gah. Stupid Frank.
I really...I'm really starting to like her--

NO! No.

I'm letting myself get too attached. And I can't allow that to happen.

Nearly every person in my life that I've gotten attached to has gotten hurt.Shot, stabbed, beaten. Though technically, Gerard's hurting himself.

Or...left me, either for a certain period of time, or permanently.Mom. Lily.

But...just maybe I could make an exception--get close to her, but protect her from that pain I seem to bring on my friends and family in some form or another.

...

...crap, I sound like such a psycho.

But I don't know, I'm just....drawn to her. I just am.

Augh.

I figured I'd hide all of this internal debate by suddenly getting hyper. My heart rate had picked up, and I wanted to take advantage of a rare moment where I actually had some energy.

I couldn't help but smirk at the position we were in...

It was nice, really. Enjoyable.

Felt good-- OH CRAP, I'M CRUSHING HER TO DEATH.

I don't wanna get off, though.

Well, not in that way--

No! Bad Frank!

But she feels good--

No! Hormones on the back burner! Pronto!

...even if her lips do look really soft.

I think I hid all this fairly well...rolling off her and flirting.

Feel kind of guilty now, though.

She looks so innocent.

You can change that status, y'know.

STFU, random voice.

Suit yourself.

Okay, now I should strike up a conversation.

She seems like she loves to read.

"Um, what book did I see you with at lunch? Looked like Twilight..."

Pfft. You only recognize it from reading it...twice...

Voice, I kid you not, if you don't shut up, i'm walking into traffic right after we drop her off.

Be my guest.

Self-argument aside, Mia and I gradually got more in-depth regarding the subject of the four-book saga.

"Team Edward?" I questioned, trying to hide any eagerness.

I'm hoping she doesn't go for the 'gangsta' type.

Doesn't seem that way; she looks...different. In a good way, of course.

But I've been wrong before.

I've been beaten down before, actually.

I like black girls, is what I'm hinting at, here.

And boy, have I gotten flack for it over the years. But screw the haters.

I never did go for the blonde-haired, blue-eyed cheerleader types who tried to drizzle themselves all over me.

Then again, they had been playing Truth or Dare to begin with.

Over the years, whenever I did find a girl of my preference, she was either wrapped around another girl...(my Gay-Dar is sort of muddled, thanks to Gerard's brief Kindergarten bi-curious stage)...or on the arm of a buff, chiseled dude twice my size.

Eep.

Seriously, what's up with the good girl/bad guy combo these days?

Not that I'm good myself. Not good for her, at least.

Aimless rambling aside, Mia 'fessed up to being part of Team Switzerland.

I blushed a bit-- it still meant she liked Edward, in a way, and it made me feel like I had some sort of a chance.

After a little more talking, the surprise finally registered with her, and the spotlight turned on me. "Wait, you read Twilight?"

I nodded, and felt my cheeks burn a little more, with the cold and a little embarrassment.

Fortunately, our conversation had lasted all the way to her front lawn.

We both paused, facing each other and giving off various signs of awkwardness.

No time like the present...

"Are you doing anything after school tomorrow?"

Crap. Wasn't trying to blurt that out.

"Mmm...no...why?" Her eyes, silvery blue for a second, were cautious.

"I, uh...um..." I flickered my eyes up to meet hers for a second.

Oops. Big mistake. Deer in headlights. Uhh...what were we talking about again?

"Err...uh...ehh..."

Speak, idiot, speak!

"Ahh..mmm..."

Mia just stared. And blinked a few times, eyebrows raised expectantly.

"Youwannagoseeamovie?"

Thank God. I said it. Too fast, but I said it.

"Like a date...ish...thing?" She tilted her head to the side a little.

"Mmyeah..." I rubbed the back of my neck and mumbled at my torn-up converses below me.
They were nearly identical to hers...same pair I'd been staring at awhile ago.

Yesterday, actually.

"Um...I...yeah," she nodded, with a look in her eyes that was a lot closer to a woodland creature in headlights than my rendition.

She shuffled up a step or two, towards the reddish-bricked house's front door.

Silence, for a moment, save for the rustling leaves and more wind.

"So...I'll see you later? In a few hours, really?"

You can bet on that one.

"Definitely," I giggled with a snort.Dork.

She laughed, and gave a cute little snort of her own, then covered her mouth in surprised embarrassment.

Then both of us laughed.

"Bye,"

"Bye."

I watched her go inside, then promptly turned on my heels and did a little victory dance on her dried, dew-covered front lawn.

Sue me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly filler-ish, but things are going to get interesting soon.

Thoughts?

<3