Status: Believe me, my tiny little group of readers, I'm not giving this one up. Updates are going to start surfacing on a regular basis, just lemme get college application stuff out the way first. Kinda important. ::tehe:

The Technicolor Daydreamer; Folie A Deux.

Cinq.

So, somehow, I'd managed to convince weird-eyed girl to walk with me.

Wait, no, Amia. Her name's Amia.

It just sounds nice...rolls together, y'know?

Like the colors in her ey--

No! No, Frank. No mushy stuff.

Anyway, we'd been talking, and I'd managed to get her voice to gradually go from near-mute to timid.

Progress.

Both of us had been complaining about how the whole "high school" thing had gotten really old by the third year.

As the discussion progressed, we came to the decision that neither of us saw the point in killing ourselves for courses that would mean absolutely nothing in the "real world".

(When was the last time your parents used Trigonometry? Or needed the Pythagorean Theorem?)

It's like being the only one (or, at least, one of the only ones) with the observant ability to look at a bubble from the outside in. A very toxic bubble.

A bubble with seafoam green fumes inside it, choking and draining the life out of you.


Oh--we're here.

"Oh!" The nurse gasped slightly when we both walked in, in a sort of jumpy way.

"Really, it's nothing. I bleed easily. All I need is a band aid and I'll be fine..."

"Nonsense!" She was frantically going through her supply cabinet in an instant.

Amia and I exchanged an anxious look;

I don't think the nurse was going to let us walk out of there anytime soon.

Time for quick thinking....acting, really. I gasped dramatically.

"Did you hear that?" I turned my head towards the imaginary sound.

"N-No, what?" The nurse turned around with an armful of gauze, iodine, scissors, and tape. Memories faintly gnawed at the back of my mind.

"I think someone just fell down the main staircase outside!"

She nearly dropped everything she was holding. Twitchy individual...

"It sounded like a really loud thud! Didn't you hear it?"

Now Amia was in on it. I held back a smirk--she was pretty convincing.

"No.." The woman's eyes were wide with worry, darting back and forth between the two of us from behind her bifocals.

"Well, go!" Amia urged.

"Yeah, investigate!" I chimed in.

"We don't want a lawsuit brought on the school, do we?"

Poor lady. With about as much grace as a newborn deer, she scrambled out of her office and we quickly grabbed what we needed, silently slipping out of the infirmary.

Once outside the building, both of us high-fived. Partners in crime, and we'd only known each other for minutes.

"I commend you, madam," I snickered in a mock-English accent. Dunno why.

"You gave a convincing performance yourself, sir," she mirrored the accent perfectly.

The Sweeney Todd and Ms. Lovett moment ended, and it was quiet for a moment.

"Do we really want to ditch?" she murmured, reverting back to her small voice.

"Well," I thought for a second. "I figure we should live a little. Change the routine up a bit, y'know? Life's too short."

She paused, biting her bottom lip. I froze, noting how perfectly shaped they were all of a sudden.

For a second, pain flickered in her eyes, Once again, if I'd blinked, I'd have missed it.

She was probably weighing the risk of skipping class for the first time with some crazy bleeding dude she'd met at lunch. (Sort of.)

"You have a point," She sighed, more to herself than me.

I nodded, plopping down on the gravel behind the building.

she stopped.

"Something wrong?"

"I, uh, I don't...like sitting on the ground..." she shrugged.

I glanced at her to see what color her eyes had changed--bluish gray before she blinked-- then took off my jacket and spread it out beside me.

"Better?"

"Oh, you didn't have to do that....I could've stood up..."

"I know....now, sit," I patted the jacket again.

Hesitantly, she sat down.

"If you want, I'll patch that up for you..." She gestured towards my still-untreated little gash.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3