Status: Believe me, my tiny little group of readers, I'm not giving this one up. Updates are going to start surfacing on a regular basis, just lemme get college application stuff out the way first. Kinda important. ::tehe:

The Technicolor Daydreamer; Folie A Deux.

Sept.

I've really got to find a new hiding spot for that tarnished gold house key.

The top of the dusty blue doorframe, over my head, isn't the ideal place for me.

I'll pull a muscle if I have to stand on my tiptoes like that again--though by now, seeing as i'd done that particular motion all my life, you'd think I would be used to it...

As usual, I opened the door.

"Mom, it's me! I'm home..."

Backpack hits the scratched, wooden floor.

"Hey, Honey. How was...your first day of school?"

She wheeled into the kitchen, and I bent down to kiss her on her smooth, wrinkle-free cheek. She always said i'd be taller than her one day.

"It was good," I shrugged. "But Mom, you know the doctor said you should stay in bed..."

"So?" she set off a round of coughs.

"That's why," I sighed, kneeling beside her to hand her the transparent oxygen tube.

Mom ran a petite, skeletal hand through my hair as I sat on the cool floor with my head on her armrest.
The color in her cheeks instantly improved as she took in the sterile, synthetic air from the tank strapped on the back of her chair. Rosy, contrasting with the paleness. Like a porcelain doll.
"I'm gonna beat this Frankie. One day. And you'll get better, too."

"I know, mama." I know.

We sat there for a few more minutes. Silent.

"You met a girl today?" She rasped slightly, her voice thick with humor.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Mother's intuition...and the fact that you have the same look you had your first day of preschool. Your teacher told me all the girls chased you around on the playground, and followed you around the entire day," She laughed a light, wheezy laugh.

I looked up at her with a smile. Her hazel eyes were examining me, i could tell, with a mother's scrutiny. Young eyes, probably due to our being only 16 years apart.

Yeah, she's a statistic.So am I. Yay, teen pregnancy.

As you can plainly see, I wasn't aborted.

I'm just glad I wasn't born with too many problems.Drop-kicks to the stomach usually cause more.

"You should get some rest," Her eyes paid particular attention to the lavender rings around mine.

"Did you take your medication today?" her thumb gingerly traced around the circles.

I shook my head. Sorry, mama.

"Frankie..." her voice was mildly scolding.

"I know, Mom, I know. But i'm fine...you should be taking your meds."

"You first," she smirked. "And go take a nap afterwards."

I sighed and gave her another kiss on the cheek.

"Love you," I told her, getting up.

"Love you, too." she watched me head towards the stairs. I paused.

"Are you sure you don't need anything before I--"

"I'm fine! Go rest."

She waved me away, and I headed up the stairs to my room, where I quickly swallowed a rainbow-hued handful of my medications and plopped on the bed. I wasout cold asleep in minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3