Status: A lot happening at once. Sorry I havent updated in SO long. Updates will come soon! Please pardon the delay. Im about to me committed, I'm going insane!!!

Death Is Only A Lesson In Life

Forgotten

Sasha woke me up at 6:30 in the morning to get ready for school; I was confused because I thought daddy was going to wake me up, not Sasha.

“Sissy we got the first day of 3rd grade so you gots to get up." Sasha said to me.

"Okay Sash, but why are you already dressed?”

"Daddy told me to wake you up after I got dressed”

I felt a little sad because I wanted daddy to wake me up. I sighed as I pushed the quilt off of my tiny body “I'll be down once I gets my clothes on" I slowly made my way to my dresser and picked out a yellow shirt and blue and white stripped shorts. I quickly rushed to the bathroom and brushed me teeth and then hopped into my clothes. I walked downstairs to see Sash munching away quite happily on some cereal while daddy was talking on the phone and looking very happy. I made my way over to the cabinets and looked up to the top shelf where the cereal is, my short 7 year old self couldn't quite reach it. I tugged on my fathers multiple belts.

“What do you want Maxine?” he asked in annoyance.

"Daddy can you gets me the cereal please?"

"Sure, whatever" he mumbled and got up. He grabbed the Lucky Charms and handed to me.

"Thanks daddy." I said taking a seat at the table. I looked up at him in response but there wasn’t any. I ate my cereal in silence and then asked a question “Daddy”

“What?” he snapped without taking his eyes off the newspaper.

“Do you like how I did my hair?” I asked twisting my pigtails.

“Yeah, sure”

I frowned at the answer because I knew he wasn’t paying attention to me. I finished my cereal and got up to put my bowl and spoon in the sink. I ran upstairs to get my back pack, shoes, and glasses on.

“Sasha, are you ready for school, sweetie?” my father yelled up the stairs to my twin sister, while he just completely ignored me.

“Coming daddy, I just need my backpack” My innocent 7 year old sister yelled back, as she tried putting up her dark brown hair. I quickly slipped on my glasses over my bright green eyes; I was 6 when I needed glasses. I closed my bedroom door only to hear the front door shut and the car turn on. They forgot me…again. Silently and quickly I made my way downstairs and then unlocked the front door and ran out the house.

“DADDY! WAIT, YOU FORGOT ME!!” I yelled but he kept driving his own way. Sad, I went back to the house and locked the front door and sat down in the living room figuring they would come back and remember me. Right? Wrong.

I sat on the couch until 3 p.m. when the front door opened and he walked in with my sister on his hip. “Maxine Haner, why weren’t you at school like your good little sister did?” my father said while walking over to me glaring his dark brown orbs at me in disgust and disappointment.

“You left without me daddy.” I said tears welling in my eyes knowing I disappointed him.

“Well that’s not my fault. Next time you should wake up early and hurry up. Now go to your room your grounded” He said while pointing upstairs while my sister gave me a sad smile.

“But daddy, I called after you”

“Stop lying, Maxine, because you are still grounded”

I slowly got up from the couch and started walking up the steps to my bedroom.

“Why can’t she be more like you” he mumbled to my sister as he sat her down.


That was the day I realized he will always be disappointed in me, and that I shouldn’t blame my sister. If he wants to miss out that’s fine with me. That night I changed the way I looked and acted towards my father. I realized that no matter how hard I tried to please him it would always back fire on me. I would have to walk this world alone and my so called father will never get the young, innocent me back.