Let's Hear It for America's Pastime

Oh, We Are the Dancers

[title credit goes to Sticks, Stones, and Techno by All Time Low]

Mitch laughed, her eyes twinkling under the stars. I couldn't help but crack a smile myself. She looked so pretty.

"My favorite color? Anything bright. Orange or yellow are my favorites," she answered. "They're just... happy colors."

"That's an interesting way of looking at it..." I said, thinking about how beautiful those colors would look on her. "So, I kind of have to ask this question, but... what'd you think of Pete? I know he's kind of... out there? And I kind of wish he'd warmed me so I could have warned you..." Mitch cut me off with her laughter. I trailed off and felt a little bit ridiculous.

"Oh, Patrick. You worry too much. Pete's fine. He's just like my little brother, but older," she reassured me, placing a hand on my elbow. I couldn't stop the rosy blush from spreading across my face. A soft silence feel upon us, filled with my blushing and her smiling gaze. It was only broken when Mr. Prissy pointed to his golden watch and gave me a meaningful look.

My heart dropped. Our conversation couldn't have been more than five minutes! What was he breaking us up now? Beside me, Mitch gave me a sad smile briefly before sending a deadly glare in Mr. Prissy's direction. He squeaked and hid behind a camera man, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well, I guess I don't have that much time," I told Mitch. She sighed and nodded, but not before pulling me into a tight hug. "I'm sorry," I mumbled into her shoulder. She shook her head.

"It's not your fault. It was nice talking to you. D'you want me to send someone else?" she offered, standing up. I nodded and watched as she walked away.

That's when I turned to Mr. Prissy.

"Uh, dude? What was that?" I exclaimed, raising my eyebrow.

"You get tomorrow, too," he reminded me with a shrug. I grumbled a bit before James sneaked her way behind one of the camera men and jumped on his shoulders. The bulky guy let out a loud yelp that had me doubled over in laughter. James giggled innocently before taking a sea next to me where Mitch had sat.

"Hey," she greeted, a smile plastered to her face. "Judging by Mitch's quick return, I'm guessing we don't have much time to chit chat."

I huffed and glanced at Mr. Prissy. "No, I'm guessing we don't."

Mr. Prissy said something under his breath that sounded like "We'll have to edit this." I made a mental note to make a blog about what really happened when I was on a reality TV show for love.

"So, Trick... find any girls you like yet?" James asked, giving me a quizical look. I grinned.

"Definately. What do you think of them?" I already knew the answer to this question, but I was curious. A laugh escaped her lips.

"Are you kidding? I'd say it's about half and half. Besides me, and a few... others, I'm sure you've made great choices."

"You?"

"Ehh... I suck at relationships. You're an exception. I couldn't just say no to Patrick Stump!" she said, raising her arms for emphasis. I laughed.

"Well, I'm honored. And by the way, how do you and Aja know each other?" I questioned. James crossed her arms across her chest.

"You sure you want to hear this? It's a long story."

I nodded. "Sure, if someone," I glared at Mr. Prissy, "gives us enough time, I'd love to hear it."
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o
i missed you.