Let's Hear It for America's Pastime

Tripping, Ugly, I'm Losing Ground

[title credit goes to Run Don't Walk by Hey Monday]

I don't know what posessed me to say her name, but I did. The second it rolled off my tongue, the room fell into silence.

She wavered on her heels, even more drunk than she had been before . Plucking the rose out of my fingers, she smirked.

"Why thank you, Mr. Stump," she slurred, winking at me. I mentally shivered and slapped myself repeatedly.

What is wrong with me?

The other girls who stood with out flowers either looked crushed or were fuming. I was almost fearful for my life.

"Okay, he really has lost his mind." I heard James whisper to Aja, who snickered. I seemed to be the only one who heard them.

"Sorry to the girls that didn't get roses. You're all very wonderful, I'm sure," Liz didn't bother to roll her eyes this time, "But I don't think you're... right for me."

I hugged a few girls who were drying nonstop and avoided the girls who were furious. Twenty minutes and the evening would finally be over. Once the other fifteen girls left, all upset in some for or another, I turned to the ten girls who would be coming with me to my favorite city.

"Alright, well... pack your things ladies. I'm taking you to Chicago."

They all smiled at me. A few glanced in the last girl's direction, concered. Or was that hatered? I couldn't be sure, but which ever (if not both), they were probably in the right.

Liz was not good for me, and as she swaggered across the room to get another drink, I knew she was exactly what I hated. Yet, in some twisted way, the same way that makes me friends with Peter, I knew I wanted her.

I am one messed up son-of-a-bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh. that's shorter than it was in my notebook. sorry.

and it took so long... because no one commented -sobs-

anywayz, you can thank sarah for NOT COMMENTING. just kidding. i'm only giving her a hard time because we're shelf kids. and all shelf kids know that being a shelf kid is more important than my stupid stories.

haha.

it's true.

much love,
-lizzy