Let's Hear It for America's Pastime

Fiction Can Be Nasty Fun

[title credit goes to Goldmine Valentine by The Bigger Lights. It's promotion week so you should go search them.]

My phone was ringing. Loudly.

I groaned and rolled off the hotel bed, taking the sheets down with me.

"Hello?" I called, wishing whoever was calling me this early would stop. Reluctantly, I reached over my head to the bedside table, patting at it blindly until my fingers touched the smooth surface of my blaring cell phone.

"Good morning. This is Patrick's phone. Call me back at a decent hour and I"ll be sure to make some time for you," I said in an overly-sweet voice. Yes, I'm that irritable at... I checked the clock... four in the morning.

"Sheesh, Trick. No need to be all sarcastic," Pete's voice rang in my ear. I mentally slapped him. "Anyway, I just wanted to know how last night went. Meet any hot chicks?"

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and made my way over to the coffee maker. "It was just fine, Peter. Nothing like getting felt up by drunk girls all night long. Actually, there was this one girl. She reminded me of you. You would've liked her.

"Did you keep her?"

I turned on the coffee maker.

"I don't like her very much..." I admitted, wishing he'd drop the subject.

"So? Is she still on the show?" I sighed.

"Yes."

"Figures. Pick a girl I'd date. You're insane."

"That's what they tell me."

Pete laughed. "Well, I should go before Bronx wakes up. Once he starts he never stops."

"Just like you."

We said our goodbyes and hung up just as the coffee maker beeped. I poured myself a mug full, puckering my lips at it's harsh bitterness. I'd learned years ago that no matter how many packets of sugar and creamer you use, hotel coffee always tastes black as midnight. Suddenly, my phone started ringing obnoxiously again. What was up with people calling me when it was still dark out? I picked it up before my ears started to bleed.

"Yeah?"

"Oh thank goodness," Mr. Prissy gushed. Oh no. "I just wanted to make sure you're ready for the promoting we had planned today. You know. Pictures and an interview with Cosmo Girl."

"Promoting?" Uhm. No thanks. I'd rather stay in the luxurious hotel room and drink cheap coffee.

"Er... yes. Promoting. Is something wrong with that?"

"What kind of pictures? It's a reality TV show, not a movie," I explained, taking another forced sip of my coffee. Mr. Prissy chuckled... or rather, giggled.

"For the intro and commercials, silly!" he exclaimed as if it were obvious. "So, just meet us at the main site around noon. We've got the girls coming too, so come prepared!"

And with that, he hung up.

I didn't even want to know what he meant by "prepared".
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of a filler, kind of not. written in history and chemistry. notice, i skip my second hour, which is english -smirks-

this is all written in meh notebook, so i don't know how long it is... but looking at it now it looks to be a decent size. i guess. i dunno.

ssooo, anyway, imma give three notebook lines to sarah to fill out on her thoughts of this story (because we have chemistry together and her comments are fun to read. plus, she did her homework when she was supposed to, so now she's writing while i'm finishing it up ^-^)

SARAH SAYS:

Pete got served (and compared to his baby)
and I"m pretty sure Mr. Prissy is SUPERGAY!
hehe <3


Alrighty. Well, I should start paying attention now, because i just looked up at the projector screen and got all super confused and i don't really want to fail this class no matter how much i hate it.

comments are like english class. wicked crazy and too fun to ignore.

-lizzy

p(v)s: i just realized, my teacher probably thinks i'm taking notes. she keeps calling out people who're reading or nodding off, but she hasn't even looked twice at me. haha. >.< not my loss.