Sweet Sorrow -Minus The Sweet

Another day

We drove until we got to Mac Donald’s. I got a cheese burger meal and apple pie, Mike got his usual 2 Big Mac meals, 3 apple pie, and cheese burger. Needless to say he’s a pig. “ I cant believe you can eat so much!” I said. “ Hey, a guys gotta eat!” I just laughed as we walked to a table in the back. “Hey, Mike. Come here” it was Courtney Lee her self. Courtney was the leader of this so called ‘popular’ group. Mike strolled over dragging me alone with him. “ Hey, What’s up?” at the table was Courtney, Mackenzie, Audrey, Aubrey, Lloyd, Wayd, and Josh. I HATE MY LIFE I HATE MY LIFE I HATE MY LIFE! I was screaming in my head. “Hey” I said nervously with a wave. Courtney just scrunched up her face, “ Hey” she said back. “Umm, I am going to go sit down.” I said to Mike, then went to find a seat. I was close enough to still here what they were saying.
First Courtney spoke. “ Why are you here with her?”
“ She’s my friend” he said pointing to himself on my.
“ No, we’re your friends” said Courtney motioning around the table, were everyone else was afraid to talk.
Who the hell does that bitch think she is? I though while stuffing some fries in my face.
“ Look Courtney you cant tell me who to hang out with.” That’s right! Mike is now my favoritest person in the world.
“ Now, look hun. I am just looking out for you, people talk, and it would ruin you if you were seen hanging out with ‘her’.”
“Bitch!” I mumbled under my breath while eating some more fries.
“Well thanks but I think I can handle it.” then he walked away.
Where the hell does she get off telling him he cant hang out with me? I though while finishing up my fries.
“Hey, how bout we go back to my house.”
“Sure” I threw away the fry box then grabbed my stuff and we left.
“So what did they want?” I asked innocently.
“Nothing” he said with a reassuring smile.
“Ok” the rest of the ride was silent until I noticed we stopped. We were at his house. He got out then opened my door, I love how he is such a gentlemen. I got out and went to the door. When he opened the door I was greeted with a hug from his mom.
“Hey miss Masson!” I always like his mom. She treated me like family.
“Jazmin, I haven’t seen you in some time. What have you been up to?”
“Nothing really.” I said with a smile.
“Well you have to come visit more, I miss you!”
“I missed you too! I just-” I was cut off by Mike.
“Hey mom is it ok if she stays her tonight?”
“Yeah, I’ll get the guest room ready for her” she said with a smile. She trusted me and Mike because she knew we were only friends.
“Thanks” Mike kissed her on the cheek and I was dragged up the stairs by him. Soon we were in his room. He went to turn on the TV and I sat on the bed.
“What’s on?” I asked taking out my apple pie. He came an sat on the bed throwing the remote next to me.
“ I don’t know some cartoons?” he answer getting his burger and taking a bite.
After about three hours of cartoons all the food was gone and it was time to go to bed.
“Night” I said as I was leaving the room.
“Night jams” he said with a laugh, I threw a pillow at him, he knows I hate it when he calls me that, he fell off the bed. I laughed then ran out the room before he did anything.
I went in the guest bed room. The guest room was right next to Mike’s. It made me feel good to know that he was right there when I needed him. When I first started sleeping over here I would always have nightmares but he would always would come and comfort me making me feel better until I feel asleep. I laid down on the bed, remembering old times, relaxing and letting sleep take over me. I was asleep for what felt like two hours before I heard the door opening, and someone walk in. I was still half sleep but opened one of my eyes to see Mike.
“Mike what are you doing” I grumbled sleepily.
“Can I sleep in here?” he asked in a whisper.
“Sure.” I said back, scooting over. Who could it hurt?
“Night”
“Night” when he was in the bed I went back to sleep and I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, I just snuggled my face in his chest then went back to sleep.