Sweet Chastity

Science and a lost knapsack.

Billie walked into science, a lesson he usually skipped, but, today he had no cigarettes and no pot. Therefore, no reason to skip it. He’d never noticed before, Holly took the same science class as him. Today, her blonde hair was tied in a neat pony tail and she was wearing a light blue shoe string-strapped sundress. The blue made her eyes look brighter against her pale skin. Billie took the spare seat near the back next to her. When he sat down people looked shocked, the schools well known pot dealer and punk-rocker was sitting next to Holly Faith Evan’s? She smiled and tapped her blue Biro pen against her note book.
Billie half smiled “Hey… Sorry I didn’t tell you my name yesterday, It’s Billie Joe” He took his book from is badge covered knapsack, which had little messages from his friends written in sharpie on the material that wasn’t covered my badges or iron-on’s.
“Hey, I’m Holly” She said back, causing more people to gawk at the two.
“Do you have a pen I could borrow?” He asked.
“Sure do” She took a pale blue pen covered in tiny white flowers from her pencil case. Billie raised an eyebrow at it.
“Uh, thanks”
Holly giggled “I’ll swap you” She whispered, as the teacher had started the lesson. The swapped pens and she began taking notes from the board. “I didn’t know you took this class.” She continued to whisper and write in perfect cursive.
“Yeah, I usually go out behind the bleachers and smok- Uh, smile at people in gym class” He furrowed his eyebrows at his own cover-up.
Holly giggled again “I don’t care if you smoke, I wanna try it some time”
“So do you really want to, cause I cou-“
“Mr. Armstrong are you bothering poor Miss. Evan’s?” Mr. Fletcher held a piece of chalk in his chubby fingers and eyed Billie.
“No Sir, he was just asking for some... advice.” Holly said and gave Billie a side-ways glance.
“Well, Miss. Evan’s, if he gives you any trouble, tell me straight away” and he went back to writing on the chalk-board. Holly nodded.
“Are you a bad boy?” She mocked.
“Bad to the bone honey” He laughed and began copying from Holly’s notes.
The lesson went by quicker than usual, filled with conversation with Holly.
“I guess I’ll see you around” Billie said as he stood up and headed for the exit.
“Yeah, See you around Billie Joe” She looked up at him, her eyes showing an expression you wouldn’t expect to see from someone like her. She licked her lower lip and looked Billie up and down before getting her belongings ready.

It wasn’t until Billie got home when he realised he’d left his bag at school, lyric note pad included. “Fuck! Mike! I’ve left all lyrics at school, in science” He said standing in Mike’s door frame as he plucked on his bass. “Since when did you take science?” Mike asked, furrowing his eyebrows. “Since Holly Evan’s took the same class as me” Billie smirked proudly. “Dude, I’m going to win this bet. Accept it and move on…” Mike smirked in return. Billie just rolled his eyes and went into the Kitchen. The phone began ringing, Billie picked it up.
“Hello?” He said his mouth still full with chips.
“Hi… Is this Billie Joe?”
“Who’s asking?”
“Oh, it’s Holly Evan’s. But if he’s not home…” She said slowly. Billie perked up.
“No, no. It’s him. What’s up?”
“Hey. It’s just, you forgot your bag, so I took it… Do you want me to drop it off?”
“Yeah, thanks. Do you need my address or…?”
“Umm… no it’s written on your bag, as well as a million other things… Like, ‘this belongs to 2 dollar Bill, so drop it and walk away’, with a whole bunch of swears at the end, that I can’t say because my father is in the room” She explained. Billie laughed.
“You’re such a good little Christian girl…”
“Just for that little remark, I’ll prove to you I’m not” And she hung up.
Billie hung up the phone and ran upstairs, frantically stuffing things under his bed and in his draws. The room looked a little tidier when the door bell rang. He ran to the door before Mike could.